Director Administration and Public Service Jobs at Kiambu County
An officer at this level will be responsible to the Chief Officer – Administration and Public Service Department for effective administration and management of the
Director Administration and Public Service Job Responsibilities
- Organization, direction, control and co-ordination of the functions of administration and public service in the County;
- Initiating development of the appropriate County departmental policies, legal and institutional frameworks for the implementation of the mandate of administration and public service;
- Ensuring operationalization of service delivery in all the devolved units in the County, Sub-Counties and Wards;
- Handling administrative matters, human resource issues and manage inventories of the administrative tools, equipment and other required assets related to the department;
- Preparation of the departmental plans and budgets;
- Ensuring strict compliance with all financial , budgetary and procurement procedures;
- Ensure timely, efficiency communication and coordination of administration and public service departmental affairs;
- Interpreting and applying National and County laws and other related statutes in line with the County goals and objectives;
- Perform other duties that may be assigned from time to time;
Qualifications for the Director Administration and Public Service
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in public administration or business administration or social sciences from a recognized institution in Kenya;
- A Master’s degree in public administration, public policy, business administration or development management from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
- Have at least ten (10) years relevant working experience, five (5) of which we must have been in a senior managerial position in the public sector;
- Must have attended a senior management course lasting not less than one (1) month from a recognised public institution in Kenya.
- Demonstrate a high degree of professional and technical competence in work performance and results.
- Must be computer literate.
How to apply
All applicants should submit their applications together with copies of their detailedcurriculum vitae with names, address and telephone contacts of three referees.
Academic and professional certificates, testimonials, national identity card or passport and any other supporting documents. Clearly indicate the position applied for both
on the cover letter and the envelope. Applications should be addressed to:
County Public Service Board
P O Box 2362 – 00900
Hand delivered applications should be dropped in the specific box provided on the
first floor Thika Sub-County offices (at the County Public Service Board offices – Room
103) between 8.00 a.m and 5.00 p.m on weekdays.
Applications should reach the County Public Service Board (CPSB) on or before the
29th September, 2017
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.