Senior Driver Job, Current Driver Jobs Kenya,
Terms of Service: Permanent & Pensionable
Grade: KFCB 9
Job Purpose: Responsible for providing driving and logistical services for proper and safe handling of the Board’s motor vehicles and transportation of the Board’s employees and goods in the execution of their mandate.
- Providing driving and logistic services allocated by the office for all official trips;
- Maintaining and updating daily vehicle movement log and schedule and ensuring all trips are pre-authorized by the relevant officer before embarking on the trip;
- Carrying out routine checks on the vehicles for detection of malfunctioning of vehicle systems
- Ensuring that the vehicle is well maintained and has all the required certificates and licenses as per the traffic Act
- Develop and maintain a schedule for regular car service appointments and ensure any issue arising is reported
- Ensure that there is documented proper tracking of service intervals
- Organize for vehicle repairs in liaison with the Supply Chain and Administration Office
- Efficient and timely delivery of relevant documents with confirmed signed delivery books/acknowledgement notes
- Ensuring security and safety of the vehicle on and off the road;
- Ensure effective fuel management of the allocated vehicle;
- Overseeing safety of the passengers and/or goods therein; and
- Maintaining cleanliness of the vehicle.
Specifications/Requirements for Appointment;
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education mean grade D(Plain) or equivalent qualifications
- Valid driving license free from any current endorsements and valid for any of the classes of vehicles which the officer is required to drive;
- Defensive driving certificate from Automobile Association (AA) of Kenya or its equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution;
- Passed the Suitability Test for Drivers Grade I;
- First-Aid Certificate Course lasting not less than one (1) week from St. John Ambulance or Kenya Institute of Highway and Building Technology (KIHBT) or any other recognized institution; and
- Valid Certificate of Good Conduct
- A minimum of four (4) years relevant work experience;
- Proficiency in Computer Applications
How To Apply
Candidates who meet the requirements are required to send their applications quoting the job reference number accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae, copies of Academic and Professional Certificates, National Identity Card to: [email protected].
Applications to be received by Close of Business 3rd August 2021
- Applicants should provide all the details requested for in the advertisement
- Only shortlisted and successful applicants will be contacted
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcript during the interviews.
Successful candidates will be required to provide the following;
- Clearance Certificate from EACC
- Tax Compliance Certificate
- Certificate of good conduct
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.