Export Market Development & Promotion Manager Job, Current Sales & Marketing Jobs,
Position: Export Market Development & Promotion Manager
The duties and responsibilities of the officer entail: –
- Facilitating the coordination of trade missions, organizing trade fairs and exhibitions to create awareness to target sectors;
- Facilitating buyer-seller meetings for business negotiations between Kenyan exporters and importers in foreign markets and evaluating the impact of trade promotion activities and follow-up;
- Oversee the development of the Annual National Export Market Development Programme;
- Developing briefing profiles for markets targeted for trade promotion events and briefing participants/exporters on how to participate effectively in trade promotion events;
- Identifying key competitor and consumer trends in the target markets and disseminating the information to potential and existing exporters;
- Researching on market entry and access requirements and the inherent opportunities;
- Identifying opportunities for product innovation, modification and enhancements in order to enable adaptation of Kenyan products to the target export markets;
- Preparing and monitoring effective implementation of trade promotion activities including trade fairs, trade missions, buyer – seller meets in liaison with the market co-ordinations and sector specialists;
- Gathering market intelligence to support the implementation of planned events;
- Participating in the Planning, preparation and implementation of trade promotion activities;
- Assisting in the identification of sector intervention activities in consultation with sector champions and other relevant stakeholders;
- Liaising with other divisions to identify and incorporate export ready products from producer groups into the Council’s trade promotion activities;
- Preparing monthly progress reports of on-going and planned activities;
- Providing information and business counseling to the business community;
- Participating in facilitating local exhibitions in liaison with relevant TSI’s such as KAM,
- KNCCI, Agricultural Society of Kenya etc.; and
- Compiling data to assist in managing the export development and promotion activities of assigned
- Ensuring adherence to ISO &Risk Management in the Department
For appointment to this position, a candidate must have: –
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Commerce or equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree in the field of Marketing, Commerce or its equivalent from a recognized University
- Minimum KCSE C+ (plus) or its equivalent
- At least ten (10) years’ progressive experience in Marketing/Branding three (3) of which must be at management level
- Professional certification in Marketing or related field
- Membership to a professional body of marketing
- Fulfilling the requirements of Chapter 6 of the constitution; and,
- Attended a management course lasting not less than four (4)
- Leadership skills and result oriented
- Ability to lead/influence a team
- Excellent written and communication skills
- People development management and
- Ability to quickly make decisions and good interpersonal skills
How to apply
Candidates must fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya and must attach the following documents on the application.
a. Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations. (DCI)
b. Clearance/ Compliance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board. (HELB)
c. Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority. (KRA)
Shortlisted candidates will also be expected to clear with Ethics and Anti – Corruption Commission. (EACC)
Suitably qualified candidates should apply in confidence and can access the Job Application Form <<<Click Here>>.
All duly completed Job Application Forms should be submitted to [email protected] attaching copies of certificates, National ID, relevant documents and testimonials not later than Friday 7th, May, 2021 at 5.00pm.
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with the responsibilities of the position will be offered to the right candidates.
Kenya Export Promotion and Branding Agency is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and gender equality.
Persons living with HIV/AIDs, disabilities and women are encouraged to apply.
Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.