Corporate Communications Manager Job, Communications Jobs April 2021
Position: Corporate Communications Manager
The duties and responsibilities of the officer entail: –
- Developing, implementing and reviewing of the Corporate Communication policy, strategiesand standards of the Agency taking into account the internal and external changes in the industry;
- Advising and recommending to the Agency possible outcomes and response scenarios basedon strategic initiatives made in the year;
- Coordinating all corporate communications related activities including content developmentand publishing of brochures, handbooks, calendars, departmental reports and the Agency’s Annual Report;
- Managing thereception areas and all other customer interaction points in the institution;
- Developingand implementing creative communication strategies and plans to provide local market insight for the Agency’s public-facing communications;
- Developingand implementing Crisis Management Plan
- Ensurethe Agency’s website and digital platforms are updated and facilitate interdepartmental communications and managing external communications;
- Buildingand maintaining a consistent branding, corporate identity across relevant public relations channels while keeping the Agency up to date on industry trends;
- Developingsuitable communication strategies to mitigate prevailing and emerging crisis;
- Developing clear and adequate content and material to support marketing and communications activities;
- Reviewingand approving key presentations and collaterals needed for corporate communications and outreach activities;
- Conveningand chairing public relations and media related meetings;
- ManagingDigital & Media Relations including information sharing and invitations for the Agency’s events;
- Developingand incorporating online tools and in-person networking to create relationships and ultimately build the Agency’s brand, both online and off line;
- Coordinatingcontent creation, editing and approving blog posts, articles, newsletters, communications materials, and material for social media channels;
- Leveragingon social media by creating, managing and growing the Agency’s presence through blogs, Twitter, Facebook, and other strategically relevant online properties;
- Managingincoming media requests and building relationships with industry journalists; creating, executing and measuring media campaigns;
- Managingany online feedback forums;
- Developingnetworks with journalists, media producers, editors and strategic influencers
- Gatheringinformation on programmes and significant events in the Agency’s specific Clusterarea;
- Developingmedia plans, distribute and follow up media releases, book interviews and respond to media request
- Overseeingand coordinating the Agency’s Corporate Social Responsibility( CSR) Programmes;
- Overseeingthe Agency’s Compliments and Complaints Handling Mechanism;
- Ensuringadherence to ISO & Risk Management in the Department
- budgeting, planning anddirecting resources to achieve targets and objectives
- Builda highly effective team, by leading, managing and motivating staff and by directing and coaching them where appropriate, so that they achieve excellence in
For appointment to this position, a candidate must have: –
- Master’sDegree in Public Relations, Communication, Journalism or related field;
- Bachelor’sdegree in Public Relations, Communication, Journalism or related field from a recognized University.
- MinimumKCSE C+ (plus) or its
- Postgraduate qualification in Public Relations/Mass Communications/Journalism from a recognized
- Membershipof a professional body of Public Relations, Journalism or Communication
- Atleast 10 years’ work experience in Journalism, Public Relations or Communications three (3) of which must be in management
- Fulfillingthe requirements of Chapter 6 of the constitution and
- Attendeda management course lasting not less than four (4)
- Awell developed network with media houses to be able to push content onto all the media outlets in a timely manner
- Experiencein media crisis management
- In-depthunderstanding of the socioeconomic and political situation of the Country
- Printand digital editorial skills
- Exceptional(speech) writing skills
- Highintegrity, self-driven and result oriented
- Excellentcommunication, teamwork and problem solving skills
- Creativityand innovation
How to apply
Candidates must fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya and must attach the following documents on the application.
a. Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations. (DCI)
b. Clearance/ Compliance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board. (HELB)
c. Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority. (KRA)
Shortlisted candidates will also be expected to clear with Ethics and Anti – Corruption Commission. (EACC)
Suitably qualified candidates should apply in confidence and can access the Job Application Form <<<Click Here>>.
All duly completed Job Application Forms should be submitted to [email protected] attaching copies of certificates, National ID, relevant documents and testimonials not later than Friday 7th, May, 2021 at 5.00pm.
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with the responsibilities of the position will be offered to the right candidates.
Kenya Export Promotion and Branding Agency is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and gender equality.
Persons living with HIV/AIDs, disabilities and women are encouraged to apply.
Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.