Accountant Job, Latest Kenyan Accounting Jobs 2022,
Accountant – Grade KEPHIS 6 (1 position) – Ref: VA/4/10/2022
- Maintaining registers of fixed assets, and debtors;
- Collecting and compiling information required in the budgetary process;
- Processing and paying taxes;
- Compiling and processing accounting statistics;
- Verifying cashbook, payment and surrender vouchers;
- Supervising receipting;
- Reviewing of the monthly staff payroll journals
- Preparation of all transfer letters for submission to the bank to effect payments;
- Preparation of bank reconciliations, cash flow statements and monthly reports;
- Reconciliation of ledger control accounts;
- Reconciliation of debtors’ ledger accounts;
- Preparation of Audit supporting schedules for audit purposes; and
- Facilitating internal and external audit exercises.
For appointment to this grade a candidate must have:
- Bachelor Degree in Commerce (Accounting option), or be in possession of a degree from a university recognized in Kenya majoring in fields relevant to the Accounting Function such as Finance and Economics;
- CPA II/ACCA II or an equivalent accounting qualification from an institution recognized in Kenya; and
- Meets the provisions of the Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya.
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- Communication Skills;
- Analytical Skills; and
- Keen to details.
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Ability to work independently and in a team;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work;
- Demonstrated results in work performance;
- Demonstrated ability to implement Quality Management Systems; and
- A track-record of excellent time management skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified individuals are hereby invited to submit their application letter, Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of the relevant certificates & transcripts and National ID card to the Managing Director – KEPHIS by 15th November, 2022 at 5.00 p.m.
The applications can be submitted in any of the following ways;
- Hard copy applications should be channeled to the address below, clearly indicating the vacancy number on the envelop. The same can either be sent by post or hand delivery to KEPHIS Headquarters at Oloolua Ridge, Karen;
The vacancy number should be clearly indicated on the subject.
For detailed job description, requirements and instructions on how to apply, please click here to download.
All applications should reach the Service not later than 15th November, 2022 at 5:00 pm. Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
KEPHIS is an equal opportunity employer and selects candidates on merit through fair and open competition from the widest range of eligible candidates. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
PROF. THEOPHILUS M. MUTUI (PH.D)