QSHE Officer Job, Health & Safety Jobs In Kenya,
The job holder will be responsible for responsible for planning, establishing, implementing and maintaining a variety of environmental, health and safety programs to ensure the highest level of occupational, health and safety for all employees.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Monitor environmental, health and safety regulations and provide technical support to Directors/Managers to ensure compliance with internal standards as well as regulatory requirements.
- In collaboration with HR develop and execute occupational, safety and health awareness, education and training programs with aim of achieving the required health, safety and environmental standards.
- Work in collaboration with the QSHE Manager to develop and implement environmental, occupational, energy management, health and safety related plans, programs, policies and procedures to establish the required safety and health environment.
- Conduct monthly inspections and assessments to analyse work processes and conditions and identify and eliminate/ minimize safety and occupational health hazards as applicable.
- Conduct internal and facilitate external statutory or occupational; fire safety, Health, Safety and Environmental audits and ensure the remedial action plans are implemented in a timely manner to reduce exposure.
- Investigate and maintain a database on safety and health breaches, accident statistics, analyse trends and propose and take remedial action where necessary.
- Spearhead deliberate efforts to reduce the risk profile of the site such as work with contractors, service providers on site to foster a safe working environment and responsible environmental practices.
- For any gaps found, identify and implement corrective actions to achieve compliance with applicable codes, laws, regulations and standards, and communicate to the organization.
- Provide Health, Safety and Environmental advice to management to ensure compliance.
- Prepare and submit all necessary reports and ensure all applicable quality/food safety, health, safety and environment licenses/permits are obtained in a timely manner.
- Administer effective management of Pre-Requisite Programs (PRPs) including Pest Control, Waste Management, Drainage systems, Equipment and Personnel Hygiene, Calibrations services and Supply of utilities.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Environmental Science EHS or related field.
- At least three (5) years’ experience in safety, environmental or health management and compliance.
- Practical experience in use of MS packages and ERP systems.
- Knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, nationally recognized standards and guidelines related to specialized environmental health and safety functions as required.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Strong planning, organizational and follow up skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of management and staff.
- Must be proactive and be able to anticipate issues rather than being reactive.
- High level of integrity.
How to Apply