Corporation Secretary Jobs at Kenya Water Towers Agency
Level: KWT 4
The Officer will be answerable to the Board and Management on governance and will also provide corporate secretarial services to the Board.
Corporation Secretary Job Responsibilities
- Providing guidance to the Board members on their individual duties, responsibilities, obligations, relevant laws and governance matters;
- Providing secretarial services to the Board activities by preparation of Board and Committee work plans, circulation of Board and Committee meeting papers
- Preparation of Board Work Plan and Board charter;
- Assisting in carrying out Board induction, training and evaluation;
- Coordinating governance, legal and compliance audits; keeping safe custody of the Corporation Seal, Board correspondences, records and other relevant documents;
- Ensuring compliance with laws, rules and regulations by the Board and management;
- Preparing and coordinating the implementation of Intellectual Property Rights and policy guidelines for the products and services of the Agency.
- Preparing, vetting and negotiating official legal documents including contracts and leases and participating in settlement and arbitration of disputes to protect the interests of the Agency
- Representing the department in Senior Management meeting.
Qualifications for the Corporation Secretary Job
- Have a Master’s degree in Law from a recognized University;
- Be in possession of a Bachelor’s degree in Law from a recognized University;
- Post Graduate Diploma in Law from the Council for Legal Education;
- Must have at least six (6) years relevant experience in legal/corporate secretarial practice in a Public or key private institution, three (3) of which must be in a senior Management level;
- Have demonstrated professional competence, leadership qualities as well as good understanding the law;
- Demonstrate understanding of international treaties and conventions;
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the Kenya Water Agency Strategic Plan, the Kenya Vision 2030 and related National development goals;
- Have relevant computer applications skills;
- Demonstrate communication and leadership skills;
- Have attended a management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks
- Be a Certified Public Secretary (CPS) and member of good standing with the Institute of Certified Public Secretaries of Kenya (ICPSK);
- A holder of the current practicing certificate as an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya;
- Meet the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya on Leadership and Integrity.
How to Apply
Download application forms at www.kwta.go.ke
Applicants can email their applications in soft copy in MS word and PDF to: [email protected] with the Title and No. of the Position being applied for as the subject.
Hard copies can also be submitted in a sealed envelope marked with the Title and No. of the position applied for and dropped at the KWTA Registry on 15th floor NHIF Building or posted to the
Kenya Water Towers Agency
P.O.BOX 42903, 00100
All “text boxes” are expandable. Please keep a copy of your completed form for your own reference.
Insert a description of your Education and Professional Qualifications. Please do not attach any copies of certificates. Those shortlisted will be required to present original academic/professional and membership certificates as well as ID/Passport on the day of the interview.
The shortlisted candidates will be required to present original copies of recent clearance certificates from Kenya Revenue Authority, Credit Reference Bureau, Higher Education Loans Board, Ethics & Anti-corruption Commission and Directorate of Criminal Investigation. Do not attach any copies.
Please do not send in your CV. The application form will be the only information used for short-listing purposes.
Closing date for all applications is 11th July, 2017 at close of business (5pm). Late applications shall NOT be considered.
KWTA is an equal opportunity employer; persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.