Manager Corporate Communications Jobs at Kenya Water Towers
Level: KWT 4
The Manager, Corporate Communication will be the Head of the unit and will be answerable to the Director General.
Corporate Communications Job Responsibilities
- Providing counsel and oversight for the corporate Image, reputation & communication management for the Agency,
- Development and implementation of the public relations and communication strategy for the Agency,
- Development and management of the Corporate brand identity for the Agency,
- Development and management of the Agency’s media strategy (offline and online) to enhance communication and awareness on the Organization’s activities and programs;
- Developing a comprehensive stakeholder relations strategy for employees, relevant government departments, partner organisations and the general public,
- Developing policies on public relations/communication for the Agency,
- Rolling out programs for building and promoting the Agency’s internal and external image;
- Verifying/ authenticating, editing and dispatching information for dissemination to the public and the media;
- Management of publications including development and production of the Agency’s magazine;
- Liaising with media in a proactive manner to highlight the Agency’s roles in the water/environmental sector,
- Media monitoring for print, electronic and social media news pertaining to the organization, identifying areas that need the Board’s attention and alerting the Director General for appropriate action;
- Ensuring preparation of media supplements and documentaries, press release/media features,
- Mentoring and coaching staff under him/her,
Qualifications for the Corporate Communications Job
- Have a Master’s degree from a reputable institution in any of the following fields: Communication /Journalism/Public Relations/International Relations,
- Master’s degree from a reputable institution in Social Sciences and a Post-graduate Diploma in
- Communication/Journalism/Public Relations/International Relations;
- Have at least six years (6) relevant work experience three (3) of which must be at a senior management level;
- Demonstrate communication and leadership skills;
- Demonstrate understanding of international treaties and conventions on natural resource management;
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the Kenya Water Agency Strategic Plan, the Kenya Vision 2030 and related National developmental goals;
- Have attended a management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks;
- Have relevant computer applications skills
- Be Member of Public Relations Society of Kenya (PRSK) or any other relevant body;
- Demonstrate professional, excellent organisational, managerial and administrative skills;
- Meet the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya on Leadership and Integrity
How to Apply
Download application forms at www.kwta.go.ke
Applicants can email their applications in soft copy in MS word and PDF to: [email protected] with the Title and No. of the Position being applied for as the subject.
Hard copies can also be submitted in a sealed envelope marked with the Title and No. of the position applied for and dropped at the KWTA Registry on 15th floor NHIF Building or posted to the
Kenya Water Towers Agency
P.O.BOX 42903, 00100
All “text boxes” are expandable. Please keep a copy of your completed form for your own reference.
Insert a description of your Education and Professional Qualifications. Please do not attach any copies of certificates. Those shortlisted will be required to present original academic/professional and membership certificates as well as ID/Passport on the day of the interview.
The shortlisted candidates will be required to present original copies of recent clearance certificates from Kenya Revenue Authority, Credit Reference Bureau, Higher Education Loans Board, Ethics & Anti-corruption Commission and Directorate of Criminal Investigation. Do not attach any copies.
Please do not send in your CV. The application form will be the only information used for short-listing purposes.
Closing date for all applications is 11th July, 2017 at close of business (5pm). Late applications shall NOT be considered.
KWTA is an equal opportunity employer; persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.