Regional Nutrition Officer Job, Kenyan Current Nutrition Jobs,
Kenya Red Cross Society is a leading humanitarian organization sustainably promoting the wellbeing, health and resilience of communities in Kenya. The Society is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the following positions:
Location: Garissa, but also supporting Wajir and Mandera counties
Reporting To: Regional Manager
- Responsible to the Regional Manager and working closely with the Nutrition Manager, for effective planning, budgeting, implementing and evaluating community-based nutrition programmes to address persistently high levels of acute and chronic malnutrition, support integration of nutrition actions in emergency preparedness and response, food and livelihood security as well as support generation of knowledge and documentation of best practices in the field of public health nutrition
- The strategy is to develop and deliver an integrated nutrition resilience framework for intervention execution focusing on partnerships, advocacy, behaviour and attitude change manifested in the application of optimal nutrition practices across the life cycle prior to, during and after emergencies.
Main responsibilities and duties:
- Program Management and Reporting: Develop region specific integration models that allow for systematic and coordinated incorporation of nutrition in project formulation, implementation, reporting/documenting, monitoring and evaluation across all KRCS disaster management and long term programmes.
- Human Resource Management: Supervise, monitor nutrition project staff performance, offer mentorship, support staff in preparation of their performance objectives and determine personnel needs for field-level nutrition activities
- Grants Management: Ensure adherence to budgets by reviewing expenditures, spending patterns, preparing cash forecasts based on planned activities, and ensure tracking and reporting on nutrition supplies.
- Partnerships and Networking: Map out stakeholders in the public and private sectors in each of the regions towards supporting advocacy efforts aimed at scaling up nutrition in the regions, Support development of county emergency nutrition preparedness plans and action plans and attend partnership meetings and forums at regional level
- BSc in Nutrition and Dietetics or equivalent qualifications
- Knowledge of national and international minimum standards in health program service delivery (MOH, SPHERE, WHO standards)
- Practical experience in planning, implementation and management of public health nutrition programmes
- Proven practical experience in partnership engagement and management
- Previous proposal development experience (including log frames), and M&E
- Computer literacy with possible advanced word processing, spread sheet, and relevant health software skills ( ENA for SMART, SPSS ) Additional training in IMAM and IYCF is a requirement
- At least 3-4 years’ experience working in complex, multifaceted, health and nutrition program with an added advantage for candidates with emergency response experience
- Previous recruitment, performance monitoring and team training experience
- Previous experience in documentation of lessons learnt, as well conducting health and nutrition surveys and ability to work under pressure.
How To Apply
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.