Security Officer Job, Security Jobs In Kenya 2022,
Kenya Red Cross Society is a leading humanitarian organization sustainably promoting the wellbeing, health and resilience of communities in Kenya. The Society is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the following positions:
Position Title: Security Officer
Reporting To: Head of Operations
Reporting Administratively to the Head of Operations and Technically to the Safety and Security Manager. The Security Officer will assist in the smooth running of the Safety and Security department within the Dadaab security Operations S/he will be responsible for supervision of contracted security guards within their respective camp, Hospitals and Health care posts, other program sites and reporting of all security situations to Head of Operations within and around the camp. In addition, s/he will be responsible for safeguarding the organization’s assets, detection and prevention of crime, as well as carrying out investigations and submitting reports.
- Planning and implementing the security strategy in Dadaab as per the KRCS security SOPs so as to ensure the operational priorities of the KRCS Security Requirements.
- Ensure Security procedures are implemented in line with the KRCS Security Standard Operating Procedures.
- Provide technical security support to the KRCS DRO operations and programs
- Security reporting and documentation
- Conduct regular security awareness activities including briefings and training of staff
- Situation monitoring and Communicating security related information to management and staff
- Advice KRCS Management on the security requirements or adjustments required in the approach to program security needs to enhance duty of care
- Provide support to emergency response teams in emergency situations and in critical incidents.
- Conduct internal investigations on incidents and provide advice on possible corrective action based on the findings.
- Conduct field security support to KRCS programs in the regions through risk assessments, information sharing and updating on the current security situation.
- Prepare and brief all new delegates/staff/visitors on the overview of the security and safety situation and risk reduction measures.
- Conduct regular security risk assessments in the region.
- Respond to any security and safety incidents at all times and follow up for closure
- Liaising with local law enforcement on security matters.
- Liaison with identified KRCS partners and identified Non-Governmental Organizations operating in the country on security matters.
- Collect, analyze and disseminate security information appropriately.
- Maintain all required security documents, review and update them regularly and/or when needed.
- Conduct post incidence analysis reports as learning points to prevent repeat of similar incidents.
- Diploma in security management
- At least five years’ experience in field security operations
- Proven knowledge in Corporate and or humanitarian Security
- Security training
- Computer literacy
- Basic First aid and fire safety training.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should apply strictly through https://www.redcross.or.ke/careers to reach us not later than 25th June 2022; Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.