Position Title: Senior Human Resource Business Partner
Reporting to: Head, Human Resources
Job location: Nairobi, KRCS HQ
The ideal candidate will be required to assess and anticipate HR-related needs and have the capacity to proactively communicate and seek to develop integrated solutions together with the respective internal business units and the HR Office. The position formulates partnerships across the society to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the society’s objectives.
He/She will Manage and support all HR operational and professional needs, in the employee life cycle, from engagement needs up to termination. Execute HR initiatives at the local level, support short term changes and be the go-to person for all HR thematic focus areas. The suitable candidate is the designate to the Head of the department and has a supervisory role embedded into their responsibilities.
- Internal advisor, technical expert, strategic partner on human resources issues
- Responsible for effectively coordinating and implementing human resource programs.
- Interpretation and enforcement of human capital policies and employment regulations
- A member of the management team of the internal client i.e Assigned business unit
- Support discussions and transfer best practices from different functions in the organisation
- Support the implementation of Human Resources goals and objectives with Line Management by ensuring that approaches are consistently applied and implemented
- across the society on Issues relating to Employee Management, engagement and relations.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance by keeping all HR Processes in full compliance with the legal, regulatory and internal frameworks.
- Monitoring and dissemination of HR Policies, Procedures and Standards and keep abreast and develop global HR policies and practices;
- Work closely with middle- and first-line mangers to drive talent management strategy by talent mapping, follow up emerging talents and Review.
- Provide HR reports and analysis for management decision including Performance, turnover, development, discipline, manpower planning e.t.c.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counselling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Facilitate and execute the employment process, onboarding, HR relations, positions changes and termination process.
- Maintain the work structures by supporting the updating of job descriptions for all positions.
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work outcomes by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counselling employees and supervisors
- Coach Line Managers and Supervisors on standard talent management process and ensure development and implementation of talent practices i.e. Succession Planning, training and Performance Management in respective teams.
- Provide direction and support in resolving Human Resources and employee relations issues to help foster an effective, productive, progressive employee work environment.
- Facilitate the process of Identifying training needs for departments/business units and individual employee coaching needs.
- Build external relationships with service providers & statutory bodies
- A member of the management team providing Technical, Advisory and Strategic service to Line Management and Staff whilst ensuring consistency and Best HR Practice
- Ability to apply intensive knowledge of specific HR technical areas in a dynamic and engaging work environment with the flexibility and autonomy to organize own work while meeting deadlines and expectations
- Good Knowledge of employment laws in Kenya
- A strong sense of business ethics including the ability to appropriately handle confidential information.
- Proven generalist experience including the ability to work at both strategic and operational levels. Experience in Humanitarian context is an added advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to Influence and interface with senior members of the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Human Resources discipline preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in an HR generalist, management or business partner role.
- Solid expertise in HR technical proficiencies and core HR competencies with experience in coaching, employee development and driving process improvements and conducting Job Evaluations.
- Employee relations, change management and team development experience
- Certified Member of IHRM or a professional HR Body
(The above statements are intended to describe the general work being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job as well as guides to priority performance areas. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, activities, competencies etc required of the position)
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should apply strictly through https://www.redcross.or.ke/Careers so as to reach us not later than 10th September 2021. Applications should have a cover letter, curriculum vitae, names and contacts of three referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job disclaimer and notification: Kenya Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge / accept any amount or security deposit from job seekers during the selection process or while inviting candidates for an interview.