Legal Services Manager Job, Latest Legal Kenyan Jobs,
Duties and Responsibilities
- Deputize the Corporation Secretary in managing the department and supervising staff in the department;
- Providing legal advisory services to the Corporation to ensure compliance with existing law and regulatory requirements;
- Leading legal negotiations on rail operation related matters and interpreting operation documents to safeguard Corporation’s interests
- Reviewing and providing advice on management of contracts to safeguard Corporation assets & reputation
- Reviewing & authorizing conveyance instruments on acquisition and / or transfer of Corporation property / asset and ensure proper registration of the same Custodian of ownership documents of the Corporation assets
- Leading, advising & managing dispute resolution between various stakeholders and the Corporation to protect the corporation assets & reputation
- Recommending the appointment of external lawyers to represent the Corporation and liaison with them to ensure service delivery
- Managing legal issues relating to employee and pension liability claims as well as carrying out due diligence investigations on claims
- Advising and guiding the Corporation on restitution processes for its assets;
- Managing the corporations legal registry including updating legal documentation, regulations, ordinances, policy manuals to ensure compliance
- Preparing, managing and monitoring the department’s budget
- Leading, motivating and developing the departmental staff to ensure an effective and motivated team to achieve business and people objectives
- Preparing, managing and monitoring the divisional budgets
- Leading, motivating and developing the departmental staff to achieve business and people objectives
- Managing the department’s communication
Requirements for the job
- Working experience of not less than nine years (10), three (3) of which should be in a management level in the Corporation or in a comparable position in the Public service or in other reputable organization;
- Master’s degree in a relevant field from a reputable institution;
- Bachelor’s degree in Law or equivalent degree from a reputable institution;
- Post graduate diploma in Law from the Kenya School of Law or such similar qualification from a reputable institution;
- An advocate of the High Court of Kenya and a member of the Law Society of Kenya;
- Attended a leadership course lasting not less than four (4) weeks;
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya
Method of Application:
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and responsibilities of the position will be negotiated with the right candidate.
The application form, details of duties, responsibilities and qualifications for each position are available on the Kenya Railways website; http://www.krc.co.ke
When applying, quote the Job reference number on the envelope and application letter.
Interested and qualified candidates MUST complete the Kenya Railways application form KR/HR/08, attach their testimonials, certificates, copy of their National Identification Card (ID) and Curriculum Vitae (CV).
In compliance with the Chapter Six of the Constitution, attach the following documents:
- Certificate of Goo d Conduct fr om the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI)
- Clearance/Compliance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Applications to be addressed to the:
P.O. Box 30121, 00100,
Note: Only the short listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.