Assistant Accounts Manager Job, Accounting Jobs in Kenya 2022,
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in provision of financial management reports, with a focus in identifying trends, risks and opportunities to inform business decision;
- To manage a team of finance officers in the production of financial management information, income and expenditure for various departments;
- Consolidate and aligning the overall annual business planning and budgeting setting process for all departments;
- Participate in setting credit policy and undertaking customer credit worthiness profile;
- Implement compliance with Public Finance Management Act regulations, statutory obligations and generally accepted accounting standards
- Facilitate the production of the draft year end accounts, supporting schedules and liaison with auditors;
- Facilitate the formulation of internal controls and policies to comply with legislation and international best practices;
- Review the corporation’s accounting information to identify and resolve inaccuracies and errors;
- Take part in developing and delivering the corporation’s financial strategy and business plan;
- Monitoring compliance with Public Finance Management Act regulations, statutory obligations and generally accepted accounting standards.
- Production o f a c c u r a t e a n d timely monthly and quarterly management accounts on the Corporations performance.
- Produce & compile financial statements for submission to Auditor General
- Take part in the external and internal audits of the Corporation
- Produce reports for the credit control function of the Corporation
- Review compliance and update on Quality Management System in the department
Requirements for the job
- Master Degree in any of the following disciplines: – Business Administration preferably in Finance or equivalent qualifications from a recognized University or institution;
- Bachelor Degree in Commerce (Finance option), Economics, and Business Administration, Business Management or other relevant and equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- A minimum of eight (8) years’ work experience and at least three (3) in a supervisory role in the Public Service or Private Sector;
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Associate of Certified Chartered Accountant (ACCA);
- Membership in good standing of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) or any other recognized professional body;
- Certificate in supervisory Course lasting not less than our (2) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the constitution
TERMS OF OFFER
How To Apply
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and responsibilities of the position will be negotiated with the right candidate.
The application form, details of duties, responsibilities and qualifications for each position are available on the Kenya Railways website; http://www.krc.co.ke
When applying, quote the Job reference number on the envelope and application letter.
Interested and qualified candidates MUST complete the Kenya Railways application form KR/HR/08, attach their testimonials, certificates, copy of their National Identification Card (ID) and Curriculum Vitae (CV).
In compliance with the Chapter Six of the Constitution, attach the following documents:
- Certificate of Goo d Conduct fr om the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI)
- Clearance/Compliance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Applications to be addressed to the:
P.O. Box 30121, 00100,
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.