Assistant Legal Manager Job, Latest Legal Jobs Kenya,
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparing and managing the Board annual work plans;
- Preparing of Board Minutes, ensuring that they are confirmed and filed.
- Communicating decisions of the Board to the Managing Director for appropriate action.
- Monitoring implementation of Board decisions and preparing reports to the Board.
- Custody of the Corporation seal and sealed legal documents.
- Preparing reports on use of the Corporation Seal.
- Coordinating induction and continuous development of Directors.
- Coordinating Governance Audits and preparing reports required by the State Corporations Advisory Committee (SCAC).
- Coordinating evaluation of the performance of the Board and preparing report to SCAC.
- Prepare the Board Calendar and disseminate to Management staff.
- Follow up with Management staff to ensure all Board papers are ready and disseminated on time.
- Collate and analyze data related to Board Members and Board activities.
- Follow up on compliance with Mwongozo Guidelines on Board affairs.
- Preparing and monitoring of the Di vision’s budgets and expenditures.
- Implementing and benchmarking best practices in Board matters
Requirements for the job
- Master degree in a relevant field from a reputable institution
- Bachelor degree in Law or equivalent degree from a reputable institution
- Post graduate diploma in Law from the Kenya School of Law or such similar qualification from a reputable institution
- An advocate of the High Court of Kenya and a member of the Law Society of Kenya
- A minimum of eight (8) years’ work experience and at least 3) in a supervisory role in the Public Service or Private Sector;
- Certified Public Secretary in good standing.
- Attended a management course lasting not less than two (2) weeks
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution
TERMS OF OFFER
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with the qualifications and responsibilities of the position will be negotiated with the right candidate.
How To Apply
The application form, details of duties, responsibilities, and qualifications for each position are available on the Kenya Railways website; http://www.krc.co.ke
When applying, quote the job reference number on the envelope and application letter.
Interested and qualified candidates MUST complete the Kenya Railways application form KR/HR/08, attach their testimonials, certificates, copy of their National Identification Card (ID) and Curriculum Vitae (CV).
In compliance with the Chapter Six of the Constitution, attach the following documents:
- Certificate of Goo d Conduct fr om the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI)
- Clearance/Compliance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Applications to be addressed to the:
P.O. Box 30121, 00100,
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.