Branch Manager Job at Kenya Orient
Immediate Supervisor: Regional Manager
The position is in charge of branch operations and ensuring that they meet or exceed set performance targets in respect to underwritten premium, client recruitment, client retention, service quality, debt management and expense control.
Duties for the Branch Manager Job
- Promote business growth and achieve set growth targets by aggressively marketing the branch to potential customers and increasing the services provided to existing ones. This will include monitoring market activities and identifying ways in which the company’s services can be improved and rendered more competitive
- Ensure that both internal and external reporting requirements are complied with fully and that reports are accurate and timely
- Ensure that branch operations run smoothly and profitably so that quality service is provided to customers at all times
- Set performance standards for the branch that are in line with the Company’s business targets and ensure that staff understand those targets and have the capacity to achieve them. This will include ensuring that staff are well trained in their jobs and regular monitoring of performance
- Promote a positive image for the company by ensuring quality service and professionally handling customer complaints.
- Improve business for the company by maintaining good customer relations
- Take charge of security matters at branch level and ensure compliance with set policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance on cash and carry regulation/guidelines and make sure the company credit policy is not flouted and be held accountable for the compliance of this guideline
- Prepare of monthly management report giving details of branch performance, business acquired and lost and feedback on market practices from customers for action or improvement
- Visit, develop and maintain good rapport with customers and handle their queries, and reporting on any significant/persistent concerns to management
- Analyse documents for the different classes of insurance to determine the degree of risk considering the underwriting factors for each particular class, determine and decline excessive risks
- Ensure all risk assessments and decisions are made on acceptability and costing
- Ensure business accepted is documented with agreed terms
- Direct involvement in business follow ups for existing clients and making decisions on renewal terms to apply based on past performance
- Maintain communication to agents, brokers, and other stakeholders to obtain further market information, quote rates, or explain the company’s underwriting policies
- Ensure renewal notice letters are sent to clients and following up if the renewals were received by the client
- Handle all human resource administrative issues of the branch staff regarding supervision and departmental requirement on staffing, appraisals, training, discipline and absence
- Provide technical guidance to staff
- Coordinating marketing drives and marketing activities for the branch and regularly submitting the periodic reports.
- Participating in building and enhancing good public image through various public relations initiatives.
- Validating all claims and ensuring that they are promptly communicated to the Claims Department and supporting documents submitted.
- Leading and motivating the branch team to ensure achievement of branch objectives in alignment with company strategy
Branch Manager Job Requirements
- A bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent
- ACII / AIIK Qualification
- 6 years’ Relevant Work Experience
- Excellent Verbal and written communication
- Knowledge in Claims, Underwriting and pricing
- Risk perception and assessment
- Ability to lead and develop others
- Ability to build relationships, innovative, analytical thinking and customer orientation.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.