Manager Job, Internal Audit and Risk Management, Current Audit Jobs Kenya,
MANAGER, INTERNAL AUDIT AND RISK MANAGEMENT: KeMU/ADM/IAM/1/2/2022
Reporting functionally to the Audit, Risk, Governance and Sealing Committee of Council and administratively to the Vice Chancellor, the person shall be the head of Internal Audit function charged with the responsibility to provide independent objective assurance and consulting activities designed to add value and improve University operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To develop a flexible annual risk-based audit and work plan for review and approval.
- To facilitate the development and assess the effectiveness the university risk management framework.
- To maintain and develop a diverse professional audit team with sufficient knowledge, skills, and expertise.
- To develop a quality assurance program in compliance with IPPF framework.
- To evaluate, assess and advise on significant changes in the university functions, new services, operations, and control processes coincident with university growth.
- To regularly review the adequacy and effectiveness of control environment established to ensure accurate, reliable, and timely information relevant for decision making.
- To review all established university procedures and systems to recommend for improvements.
- To appraise the use of university resources regarding economy and efficiency.
- To conduct special audits including fraud investigation if any.
- Any other duties assigned by management and council.
Requirements for the Position
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, accounting, actuarial science, or equivalent qualification from a recognized university.
- A Master’s Degree in finance, accounting or an equivalent will be an added advantage.
- Must be a Certified Public Accountant (K) or hold equivalent recognized professional qualification in Accounting and Finance.
- Qualification in CISA, CFE, CFIP, CRMA, or CRISC
- Membership of a relevant professional body that is recognized in Kenya.
- At least five (5) years of working experience in an institution of higher learning or equivalent organization with at least three (3) years in a senior management.
How to apply:
Interested candidates must send three (3) copies of their application, accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), copies of academic and professional certificates, National ID card or passport, and any other relevant testimonials.
The Vice Chancellor
Kenya Methodist University
P.O. Box 267 – 60200
An electronic copy in PDF format to the Vice Chancellor through email address [email protected]
To be received on or before 10th November 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to bring the following:
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority.
- Higher Education Loans Board.
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission.
- Credit Reference Bureau.
- Certificate of Good Conduct from Criminal Investigation Department.
- Letters of recommendation (in sealed envelopes) from at least three persons familiar with the applicant’s professional experience and general character one of whom must be the pastor of their local church.
All the positions above require individuals who are of high ethical standards, integrity, and professionalism.
KeMU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.