Head of Fundraising & Communication Jobs at Kenya Markets Trust
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer the position will be responsible for expanding and diversifying KMT’s funding and donor portfolio. Responsible for developing fundraising and communication strategies, work plans and execution modalities and implementing the plans so as to achieve fundraising targets. Responsible for ensuring that KMT clarifies its communication agenda then develops and shares messages that further that agenda.
Fundraising & Communication Job Responsibilities
- Develop and implement KMT fundraising/resource mobilization and communication strategies in collaboration with the Chief Executive Officer.
- Identify potential funding partners and develop action plans aimed at engaging them and bringing them to the funding table.
- Keep current and potential funders positively engaged and informed of KMT’s initiatives, activities and achievements.
- Actively identify grant opportunities and develop grant proposals in line with agreed organizational procedures and in close coordination with Sector teams and other relevant departments and units.
- Provide the technical lead in the development and packaging of grant proposals in line with the different donor requirements.
- Oversee development of the communication and marketing strategy and its implementation, to support all fundraising efforts and partnerships.
- Ensure that the KMT website and social media are regularly updated and that all published material meets the KMT’s standards.
- Provide leadership to ensure effective linkages and cooperation between Fundraising and Communication and other KMT functions to ensure that KMT is always presented in a favourable light to stakeholders.
- Provide advisory support on emerging fundraising and communication issues.
Qualifications for the Fundraising & Communication Job
- Master’s degree in Business, Communication, Business Management, Marketing, Strategy development or another relevant discipline.
- At least 8 years’ relevant work experience, 3 years of which should have been gained at a senior level in resource mobilization or fundraising.
- Strong relationship management skills and capacity to influence at multiple levels across national and county governments, donor/funding community, foundations and other partners.
- A strategic, curious, flexible, adaptable and lateral thinker.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of fundraising and a good understanding of the international development arena.
- Demonstrate a track record of writing winning project proposals and obtaining grant funding for development projects from donors.
- Experience in identifying and developing fund raising opportunities
How to Apply
If you meet the above qualifications, please apply by sending your CV with a cover letter indicating names of three (3) referees to [email protected] Please indicate position reference number in the subject line.
Deadline for receiving applications is August 18, 2017.
Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.