Senior Accountant – Payables Job, Latest Accounting Jobs 2023,
Extension of Career Opportunities at KLB from 6th January – 13 January 2023
SENIOR ACCOUNTANT (PAYABLES) — KLB 5 Job Ref HR – Job Ref HR SA-5-2022 (1 POST)
Reports to:Assistant Finance Manager (Accounts)
Direct reports:Accountant – Payables and Budgeting
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage the accounts payables, budgeting and taxation systems and processes.
- Co-ordinate the processing of creditors, expenses and utility payments to meet Bureau’s obligations. Provide technical and professional advice on matters related to accounts payables, budgeting and taxation.
- Co-ordinate the effective implementation of the Royalty Management System.
- Co-ordinate the recovery, accounting and remittance of all taxes in compliance with the Laws.
- Lead and coordinate the budgeting processes, monthly performance tracking and reforecasting and approval processes in line with laid down timelines/schedules.
- Commit expenditures to the approved vote heads for budgetary control.
- Co-ordinate pending bills management and periodic reporting.
- Co-ordinate and monitor the reconciliation of supplier’ accounts.
- Manage bi-annual stock take and implement the approved stock adjustments.
- Co-ordinate the preparation of the monthly creditors and royalty schedule report for decision making.
- Resolve suppliers’ complaints on outstanding debts.
- Liaise with Supply Chain Department for supplier’s payments documentation
- Develop and implement the monthly expenditure forecasts for effective working capital management.
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Accounting, Finance or relevant field.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field is an added advantage.
- Minimum 7 years of working experience with at least three (3) years at senior management/leadership position.
- Holder of Certified Public Accountant (CPA–K) or Association of Chartered Certified Accountant – (ACCA–UK) and in good standing.
- Certified Investment and Financial Analyst (CIFA–K) or Certified Financial Analyst (CFA–UK) will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of Public Finance Act and International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Problem solving, analytical, leadership, decision making, integrity, good communication, organisation and planning skills.
- A good team player, maintains high work standards, reliable, easily adapts to new environments, pays attention to detail and self-motivated.
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should send applications clearly indicating the job title and reference number of the position, enclose a comprehensive CV stating your current position, photocopies of relevant certificates and testimonials as well as names and contacts (telephone and e-mail address) of three (3) referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience. Include your day and evening telephone numbers and your contact email address.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 including; Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations; Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board; Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority; Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission; and Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau.
How to Apply
The Managing Director
Kenya Literature Bureau (KLB)
Popo Road, Off Mombasa Road
P.O. Box 30022 – 00100 GPO
Kenya Literature Bureau is an equal opportunity employer. Women and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.