Fisheries Officer Job, Latest Agricultural Jobs,
VACANCY No. 1/2021: FISHERIES OFFICER, CSG 10 – ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY (150) POSTS
Terms of Service: Pensionable.
Salary Scale: Ksh. 37,770 – 49,950 p.m.
House Allowance: Depending on duty station
Commuter Allowance: Ksh. 5,000 p.m
Leave Entitlement: 30 days per financial year
Medical Benefits: As existing in the Civil Service
Duties and Responsibilities
This is the entry and training grade for this cadre. An officer at this level will work under the guidance of a senior officer. Duties and responsibilities will entail:-
- Receiving and compiling fisheries related statistical data from field officers;
- Analysing fisheries data and preparing reports;
- Enforcement of fisheries laws and regulations, and surveillance of fisheries resources;
- undertaking fisheries extension activities;
- Supervising development and maintenance of fisheries and aquaculture infrastructure;
- Inspecting fish and fish handling facilities covering fishing vessels, fish landing sites, fish ports, aquaculture facilities, fish processing enterprises and fish marketing outlets to assess compliance with requirements;
- Promoting fish marketing and value addition; and
- Identifying fisheries and aquaculture areas that require
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following fields: Fisheries, Biological Sciences, Aquatic Sciences, Natural Resource Management, Biochemistry, Food Science and Technology, Environmental Science, Fisheries Planning and Management, Chemistry or approved equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Certificate in computer applications from a recognized institution;
- Applicants with strong comprehension of ICT system and technologies will have an added advantage; and
- Valid certificate of good conduct from the National Police Service
How to Apply
Complete applications together with up to date curriculum vitae (CV) must be addressed to
the Director General,
Kenya Fisheries Service,
P.O. Box 48511-00100,
and emailed to:[email protected] or hand delivered to our offices, NHIF Building 13th floor, Ragati Road,
Nairobi on or before 8th February, 2021.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.