Investment Officer Job, FinanceJobs In Kenya,
About Kenya Climate Ventures
Kenya Climate Ventures(KCV), http://www.kcv.co.ke, is an impact investment venture fund, seeking to accelerate access to climate smart solutions by providing tailored and targeted financial, technical assistance and business development support to early and growth stage businesses in Kenya. We invest in agribusiness, commercial forestry, renewable energy, water, and waste management sectors, with a focus on small and growing businesses (SGBs) whose commercial growth and success will have a positive impact ontarget markets, communities, and the environment in Kenya.
Role and Responsibilities
As an Investment Officer, you will lead deal origination, evaluation and presentation for investment decision, and contribute to the overall vision and direction of KCV as a member of the management team. Reporting to the Investment Manager, the Investment Officer will be assigned to a specific investment/ financing segment, either early stage investment / financing or growth stage investment/ financing.
• Lead a team of investment Analysts and review/ evaluate investment opportunities in order to prioritize, build consensus for investments and achieve set goals;
• Source and originate deals, coordinating investment appraisal, due diligence, investment negotiation, value creation and exit strategies;
• Coordinate the due diligence process;
• Prepare propositions, presentations and reports for the InvestmentCommittee;
• Deal execution including valuation, structuring and negotiating terms, management of advisors through to completion;
• Lead assess, document and coordinate delivery of pre – investment support required by selected investment pipeline.
• Document, validate and update with the operational environment and continuously seek ways to improve and expand reliable pipeline for KCV to invest.
• Contribute to a system of deriving knowledge and understanding of investors’ appetite relevant to KCV’s portfolio, building relationships and educating them about KCV portfolio and followon investment opportunities;
• Identify potential investor networks within target industry verticals with the capability to invest; and
• Establish and deepen relationships with venture capital/private equity firms and intermediaries.Do you have what is takes?
• 3 – 5 years investments experience in venture capital, private equity, corporate venturing ideally in an early stage investment fund, in a financial, commercial or fundraising role, investment professional in an impact or private equity fund;
• Bachelors degree in Finance or related field
• Master’s degree is an added advantage;
• CFA certification is an added advantage;
• Demonstrable understanding of venture investment and end to end investment cycle;
• Over 3 years’ experience in financial analysis and financial modeling.
• Strong analytical skills, including interpreting investment industry statements, research and operational analysis;
• A strong business perspective, preferably with experience working in a financial institution or development financing institution.
• Experience with investments within the focus areas of renewable energy, water, commercial forestry, agribusiness and waste management.
• Must possess good understanding of SGBs financing and support, private sector.
• Must possess understanding of climate financing.
• Experience with enterprises which apply climate lens, gender lensand/ or refugee lens investment
• A good understanding of rural and/or financial services markets in Kenya;
• Strong leadership and influencing skills;
• Entrepreneurial individual with unquestionable integrity.
• Proven experience in industry stakeholders’ management, relationship building skills with strong networks across sectors including funding agencies and impact investors;
• Possess excellent command of the English language skills both writing and speaking;
• Must possess excellent planning, organization and management skills;
• Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills, with a good aptitude for and transparency, patience and perseverance.
• Experience working in Sub Saharan Africa is an added advantage.
In addition to listed qualifications above, a suitable applicant should bepassionate about driving results in a fast – paced company (and industry), with a proven ability to work effectively within a team, timely and deliver high quality.
Employment – Full – time employment
Workplace – Nairobi – Kenya, with 30% travel
Starting Date – September 2022
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to send their up to date CV with their contact details, details of current and expected remuneration, the names of three referees and a cover letter demonstrating how you meet our requirements to [email protected] The email subject should refer to the position being applied for.
Closing date for applications is 30th July 2022. Only short listed candidates
will be contacted. Kenya Climate Ventures is an equal opportunity employer.