Senior Engineer Job, Engineering Kenyan Jobs 2022,
Carry out maintenance and repairs of all mechanical and refrigeration systems and machines of the corporation.
- A minimum of four (4) years relevant work experience;
- Bachelors degree in any of the following engineering disciplines: Mechanical Engineering; Manufacturing Engineering; Industrial Technology Electrical & Electronics, Instrumentation and Control Engineering;
- Registered with Engineers Registration Board of Kenya (EBK) or Kenya Engineering Technology Registration Board (KETRB) and in good standing;
- Supervisory Course lasting not less than two (2) weeks from a recognized institution;
- AutoCAD drawing packages;
- Proficiency in computer applications; and
- Fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution.
Key Competencies and Skills
- Good analytical skills;
- Effective communication skills;
- Interpersonal skills;
- Creativity and innovative;
- Result- driven;
- Integrity and professionalism;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision; and
- Team player.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate engineering operations shift between all sections of production and ensuring maximum availability of mechanical equipment and plant;
- Ensure effective supervision of repairs and maintenance of all mechanical equipment to minimize downtime;
- Ensure preventive maintenance of all mechanical & refrigeration systems is carried out;
- Propose the annual operating and maintenance budget for mechanical section for approval;
- Ensure sufficient inventory of spares for all mechanical equipment;
- Promptly attend to issues related to utilities (power, electricity, compressed air and water) supply and distribution to various sectors of plant;
- Ensure safe use of all mechanical workshop equipment, tools and accessories;
- Ensure statutory regulations are adhered to as far as mechanical equipment are concerned including inspections and repairs;
- Preparing Maintenance and sectional monthly report; and
- Attend to emergencies in the plant.
- Ensure efficient factory operations through provision of safe generation, distribution, utilization and control of electrical power;
- Ensure proper running and operation of all electrical equipment in the factory;
- Co-ordinate repairs and maintenance of all electrical / instruments equipment to minimize downtime;
- Ensure power from Kenya Power and Lighting Company (KPLC) and own generation is of acceptable voltage and frequency;
- Carry out preventive maintenance of all electrical equipment and instruments;
- Propose annual operating and maintenance budget for electrical and instruments sections for approval;
- Ensuring that there are sufficient spares for all electrical/ instruments equipment;
- Attend to issues related to power supply and distribution to company facilities;
- Ensure safe use of all electrical equipment and accessories by workers;
- Ensure safe working conditions and safety of workers by provision of accurate instruments; and
- Check and ensure that all instruments are calibrated as per statutory requirements.
How to Apply
Applicants are notified of the following:
- Detailed job description requirements, and how to apply are available on https://recruitment.biovax.go.ke and at www.health.go.ke
- All applications MUST be received on or before 21st July, 2022 by 5.00 pm East African Time.
- The Kenya Biovax is an equal opportunity employer, Persons with disability, female, marginalized and minorities are encouraged to apply.
- There are No fees charged.
- Canvassing for any kind will result in disqualification of the candidate.
- In case of any further clarification or inquiries about the advertised positions,
- please do not hesitate to reach out on: Email address: [email protected] ,
- [email protected]
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.