Principal Legal Officer Job, Legal Kenyan Jobs 2022,
Responsible for the overall coordination and management of the legal function.
- A minimum period of eight (8) years relevant work experience four (4) of which should have been at supervisory level;
- Bachelors of Laws (LL. B) degree from a recognized institution;
- Masters degree in Law (LL. M), Masters in Social Sciences, Master of Business Administration or equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution.
- Post graduate Diploma in Law (Advocates Training Programme) from the Kenya School of Law;
- Admission to the roll Advocate of the High Court of Kenya;
- Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Proficiency in computer application;
- Membership to the Law Society of Kenya (LSK) in good standing;
- Demonstrated professional competence and merit as reflected in work performance and results; and
- Fulfilled the provisions of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Key Competencies and Skills
- Strong research skills;
- Effective communication skills;
- Strong drafting skills of basic contracts;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Integrity and Professionalism
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Knowledge on international contracts and associated documentation;
- Clear understanding of the structure and functions of the public sector
- Team player; and
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Computer Literate
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinating the Corporation’s legal services’ function;
- Formulating, implementing and reviewing the Corporation’s legal policies and procedures;
- Providing legal risk reviews and providing legal advice on risk mitigation;
- Representing the Corporation in Court matters and managing litigation on behalf of the Corporation under the conduct of external counsel;
- Participating in developing and ensuring compliance with the Corporation’s Policies and strategies;
- Undertaking legal research and preparing legal opinions and memoranda on matters relating to the Corporation;
- Drafting contracts, internal policies and ensuring that they are in compliance with all statutory requirements;
- Vetting and negotiating contracts, formal agreements and other legal instruments to meet the laid down requirements for execution;
- Initiating required legislation amendments for the promotion of the Corporation’s activities; and
- Assisting the Corporation Secretary in offering Board Secretarial Services
How to Apply
Applicants are notified of the following:
- Detailed job description requirements, and how to apply are available on https://recruitment.biovax.go.ke and at www.health.go.ke
- All applications MUST be received on or before 21st July, 2022 by 5.00 pm East African Time.
- The Kenya Biovax is an equal opportunity employer, Persons with disability, female, marginalized and minorities are encouraged to apply.
- There are No fees charged.
- Canvassing for any kind will result in disqualification of the candidate.
- In case of any further clarification or inquiries about the advertised positions,
- please do not hesitate to reach out on: Email address: [email protected] ,
- [email protected]
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.