Assistant Flight Operations Engineer Job at Kenya Airways
Kenya Airways, a member of the Sky Team Alliance, is a leading African airline flying to 54 destinations worldwide, 44 of which are in Africa and carries over four million passengers annually. The airline was recently voted the Leading Airline in Africa by passengers in the World Travel Awards. It has also been voted the Leading Airline in Africa – Business Class four years in a row.
Kenya Airways has a fleet of 36aircraft that are some of the youngest in Africa; this includes its flagship B787 Dreamliner aircraft. The onboardservice is renowned and the lie-flat business class seat on the wide-body aircraft is consistentlyvoted among the world’s top 10. Most recently it has scooped top awards at the Africa Investor (Ai)Tourism Investor Awards and was declared the Business Airline of the Year in Africa.
Kenya Airwaystakes pride in being at the forefront of connecting Africa to the World and the World to Africa through itshub at the new ultra-modern Terminal 1A at the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport in Nairobi. For moreinformation, please visit www.kenya-airways.com.
Responsibilities for the Assistant Flight Operations Engineer Job
- Set up and manage an organized Flight Operations and Aircraft Libraries as per the requirements of the Operations Manual and KCARs.
- Manage an organized Flight Operations and Aircraft Libraries that contain current Flight Operations Manuals as required by KCARS and KQ policies.
- Ensure applicable manuals are distributed as per the distribution lists before the manual effective dates.
- Manage the proper storage of navigation envelopes as per the Retention Schedule.
- Manage the disposal of the Flight Operations documents and records as per the company disposal procedures.
- Ensure that the digital and paper flight deck library is at all times up dated to the required operational safety standards while maintaining efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Update the aircraft library catalogue to reflect the current revision status of each document on the flight deck.
- Review the Chart NOTAMS and Liaise with Flight Operations Engineers (Navigation and Infrastructure) for further action.
- Identify, and replenish commonly used documents to ensure timely, availability and replacement when missing or worn out.
- Track expiry dates for aircraft certificates and prompt the librarian for appropriate action.
- Identify, procure and replenish commonly used documents to ensure timely replacement of worn out or missing copies.
- Ensure implementation of safety, security and emergency standards at all times.
- Ensure and maintain a healthy, safe and secure working environment in compliance with the relevant industry, regulatory and legislative requirements, company procedures, regulatory authorities and requirements of customer airlines.
Qualifications for the Assistant Flight Operations Engineer Job
- Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Certificate in Aeronautical Information Services or Flight Dispatch.
- Computer literate
- KCSE C+ and above.
- Relevant experience in Flight Operations and driving experience (with a valid license) will be added advantage.
Deadline: 5th July 2017
How To Apply
CLICK HERE TO APPLY