Pricing Manager Job at Kenya Airways
Organization Name: Revenue Management
Welcome aboard Kenya Airways!
Kenya Airways, a member of the Sky Team Alliance, is a leading African airline flying to 54 destinations worldwide, 44 of which are in Africa and carries over four million passengers annually. The airline was recently voted the Leading Airline in Africa by passengers in the World Travel Awards. It has also been voted the Leading Airline in Africa – Business Class four years in a row.
Kenya Airways has a fleet of 36 aircraft that are some of the youngest in Africa; this includes its flagship B787 Dreamliner aircraft. The onboard service is renowned and the lie-flat business class seat on the wide-body aircraft is consistently voted among the world’s top 10. Most recently it has scooped top awards at the Africa Investor (Ai) Tourism Investor Awards and was declared the Business Airline of the Year in Africa.
Kenya Airway stakes pride in being at the forefront of connecting Africa to the World and the World to Africa through its hub at the new ultra-modern Terminal 1A at the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport in Nairobi. For more information, please visit www.kenya-airways.com.
Maximize passenger revenues by proactively initiating, negotiating, implementing and managing the fare offering of Kenya Airways and Interline partners.
- Develop an annual pricing strategy to guide towards the growth of the airline’s market share, passenger revenues and Revenue per Available Seat Kilometer (RASK) in the assigned markets.
- Review and analyze the company’s product pricing compared to published and undisclosed prices of competitors in the market place.
- Analyze periodic reports and make recommendations to the Sales Organization in order to meet network revenue and passenger targets.
- Track historical customer demand through quantitative analysis to determine effectiveness of implemented pricing programs.
- Coordinate fare audits to ensure approved fare levels are filed correctly in the booking tools.
- Prepare and present periodic reports in order to guide the business.
- Negotiate group rates, tour operator deals, consolidator packages with the sales organization to maximize revenue opportunities for the airline.
- A professional degree with strong emphasis on a business related field e.g., Statistics, Economics Mathematics or Commerce.
- Excellent skills in analysis for high quality commercial solutions.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, Word
- Entrepreneurial skills
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Strong planning and project management skills
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Kenya Airways product.
- 2 years working experience in a commercial area
An assessment will be part of the recruitment process
Key Performance Indicators
- 90% fare accuracy in I-PROS MVM
- Optimal point of sale inventory availability in assigned markets
- Exceed budgeted market revenues, Yield and Pax numbers
- Production of short time and long term pricing and strategic plans
- Number of self started pricing initiatives and related revenue generation
- Timely response to pricing proposals received
- Timely and accurate filling of fares in the systems
- Accurate and timely reports on performance of fares per country assigned
- Establish new market segments through pricing initiatives
How to Apply
Apply here for the Pricing Manager Job