Head of Engineering Services Jobs, Engineering Jobs, Kenya Airways Jobs
Head Engineering Services Job at Kenya Airways
Responsible for the core activity of the Engineering Services organisation, ensuring strategic development and management of fleet safety, operational reliability, technical standards, compliance with regulatory requirements, and a cost-effective operation and maintenance of the fleet through provision of technical and commercial management. The role holder will develop long term direction and scope of the organisation to ensure profitability and growth, driving organisational and operational efficiency value at optimum cost.
Managing key business relationships with major OEM and MRO providers, and Engine Leasing companies, and providing strong leadership in the identification, evaluation and pursuit of new supplier support opportunities for the business.
Areas under direct control include;
Engineering Development, Propulsion, Maintenance Planning & Programmes, Reliability & Configuration, Airworthiness Records, Library, Technical Publications and Standards & Procedures
- Develop internal procedures and policies to bring about a continuous improvement in working practices and key performance criteria in line with industry best practice and KQ brand and people management principles
- Define and implement a full range of business process and systems support tools that will ensure an effective maintenance plan can be followed
- Ensure all business processes and procedures are detailed in the Department Procedures or Local Instructions as appropriate.
- Develop the long-term direction of the organization and to ensure profitability and growth, driving productivity and efficiency and ensure that staff numbers and supplier support plans are optimized to reflect fleet size and volume
- Contribute to the development of annual business plans that increase profitability and shareholder value and be fully responsible for the development and execution of the Engineering Services plan.
- To define and manage overall departmental budget.
- Plan and organize medium (3 to 5 years) and long term (5 to 10 years) maintenance strategies for the aircraft fleets with a firm focus on life cycle cost management.
- To develop manpower and capital budgets in line with the needs of the business.
- In liaison with HR attract, hire, develop and retain the best possible team ensuring that there is an outstanding group of employees with a common vision, sense of purpose and shared values who will focus on superior levels of quality, productivity and customer satisfaction.
- Drive a high-performance team to ensure all outputs and deliverables are met in line with KQ’s long term and strategic goals
- Full accountability of decisions within the Engineering Services remit and full accountability of ensuring effective cross-functional and collaborative leadership at the Executive Committee and Senior Management Teams.
- Lead and direct the management team providing a multi-disciplinary team to support the operational and engineering departments across the division Lead, direct, motivate and develop the Engineering Services team to ensure that the agreed standards of performance and contribution are successfully achieved, whilst ensuring all staff receive performance assessments and clear objectives set.
- Set departmental engagement in line with KQ and the Engineering & Maintenance divisions objectives.
- Conduct regular one-to-one and team meetings with all direct reports. Regularly communicate corporate and Engineering & Maintenance strategy and performance to staff in line with a departmental communication plan
- Take personal responsibility for issues of poor performance, disciplinary and staff conduct. Ensure that decisions are in line with company HR policy and take account of all possible outcomes associated with decision making.
- Develop communication strategies while managing relationships with all Airline departments and outside companies, holding key relationships at a Senior Level with Aircraft/Engine manufacturers, MRO Service Providers and Engine Leasing Companies.
- Ensure assessment of supplier’s assets and capabilities with respect to overall business strategy, determination of what activities to engage in with different suppliers, and planning and execution of all interactions with suppliers, in a coordinated fashion across the relationship lifecycle to maximize the value realised through those interactions
- Ensure Supplier management plans to deliver value created by contracting is realised (and get a bit more), and benefits include increased visibility into our supply base (reducing risk), increased quality in products and service provided and alignment of our suppliers with KQ processes and corporate goals.
- Setting fleet management strategy for asset modifications, integrated maintenance programmes and reliability, and maintenance / workscoping policies to ensure high quality and fully optimized life cycle cost management that matches the fleet operating plans.
- Support the development of a cost effective and integrated maintenance planning strategy aligned to KQ asset growth that will exploit maintenance planning opportunities worldwide and with all external providers, whilst achieving full regulatory and compliance standards.
- Ensure that the MIS functionality is used to full effect at all times to carry out the functions of the department and that the system is fully integrated into the department business processes.
- Ensure the aircraft cabin and external appearance meets world class standards
- Ensure processes are in place to continuously minimize aircraft maintenance ground times.
- Develop systems and processes to improve check preparation and control, and optimum productivity
- Ensure quality of maintenance performed for third party customers guarantees no warranty claims from Kenya Airways
- Ensure that all regulatory and legal requirements, statutory responsibilities and directives pertaining to the department activities are in compliance and that the highest levels of technical standards, safety and reliability are maintained.
- Ensure the provision of an efficient and effective Information Service and Airworthiness Records Management function to ensure compliance with the requirements of the KCAA and other regulatory authorities and lease condition compliance.
- University Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Aeronautical, Electrical/Electronics, Mechatronics or equivalent) with first class honours or an upper second class honours.
- A masters degree in Engineering is an added advantage.
- Understanding of Project Management methodology.
- Understanding of basic legal precepts.
- Working knowledge of current airworthiness regulations.
- Over 10 years of work experience.
- Minimum 4 years managing people.
- Minimum 4 years of active aircraft maintenance experience.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in aircraft maintenance whilst holding a management position(s)
- Demonstrated knowledge in managing complex maintenance operations.
- knowledge of KCAA/EASA/FAA requirements and Kenya Airways procedures
- Possess training credentials on various discipline related aircraft standards, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Must be able to analyze, forecast and challenge logic of events.
- Experience of managing outsourced operations.
- Commercial awareness / Financial Management.
- Knowledge of EASA approvals and certification processes will be an added advantage.
- Influencing & Management skills.
- Negotiation skills to benefit the company.
- Excellent Communication Skills (written and verbal).
How to Apply
Apply here for the Head Engineering Services Jobs
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.