Principal Legal Officer Job, Kenyan Legal Jobs 2022,
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of the selected candidate will entail:
- Guiding the formulation, review and implementation of policies and strategies on litigation and all matters relating to the law;
- Issuing instructions to an agreement and contract defaulters; coordinating the development and implementation of legal agreements and contracts in liaison withrelevant departments, divisions, and units;
- Monitoring compliance with the legal framework, agreements, and contracts;
- Preparing and vetting of contracts;
- Supervising the implementation of litigations issues; initiating periodic legal reviews of the Service and other relevant rules in liaison with the State Law Office and other relevant agencies; and
- Coordinating research on emerging legal issues.
- Preparing legal opinions on cases and matters relating to legal notices
- Initiating periodic legal reviews of the Fund and other relevant rules in liaison with the State Law Office and other relevant agencies; and researching emerging legal issues.
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- At least six (6) years relevant work experience in the Public Service or Private sector, three of which must be in a supervisory position;
- Bachelor of Law (LLB) degree or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- An advocate of the High Court of Kenya;
- Current Law Practicing Certificate;
- Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Proficiency in Computer applications;
- Be a member of a relevant professional body;
- Demonstrated results in work performance; and
- Fulfil the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution.
Skills and Competencies
- Communicating with impact;
- Managing and supervising people;
- Applying technical expertise and managing projects;
- Planning, organizing, and managing performance;
- Budgeting, analyzing, and innovating;
- Customer and stakeholder orientation;
- Coaching, mentoring, relating, and networking; and
- Technological savviness.
How To Apply
Apply for a position through a cover letter or email, attaching a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, national identity card or passport. In addition, all applicants MUST download and complete Bio-Data Form (in Microsoft Excel) and attach the completed Bio-Data Form. Any HANDWRITTEN or SCANNED Bio-Data form not submitted as an Excel file will be rejected.
Interested candidates should provide all the details requested, and it is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Candidates should submit their completed application form and required attachments by email to: [email protected]. All applications should be received on or before 5:00 pm (East African Time) on Tuesday 1st March 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Successful candidates after interviews will be required to obtain the following documents:
- Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI)
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Clearance from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Clearance Certificate from a Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.