Head of Grounds Job, Latest Jobs In Kenya,
Kenton College Preparatory School is inviting applications for the following position:
Post Title: Head of Grounds
Reporting to: Estate Manager
Duty Station: Kenton College Preparatory School
P.O Box 25406-00603
Kenton College is totally committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects the same from its employees. It is compulsory for all members of staff to familiarise themselves with the following, first, among all other relevant policies:
Safeguarding/Child Protection; Staff Code of Conduct; Whistleblowing; Prevent Duty; Equal Opportunities.
The post holder is responsible for supporting the Estate Manager in management of the grounds to ensure effective operation of the school. A high standard of customer service care is essential for our establishment, which has extensive grounds. Close liaison with the Estate Manager is essential on a day to day basis.
Duties and responsibilities
- To lead, motivate and develop the grounds team to achieve their tasks, work schedules and objectives; to encourage maximum commitment and efficient service at all times.
- To ensure the grounds team provide first class playing surfaces, sports pitches and other grounds areas at all times.
- Planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating all grounds-related work e.g. playing fields and landscaping across the school site.
- To prepare, implement and monitor weekly, monthly and annual grounds maintenance programmes.
- To ensure that pupils, staff, parents and visitors have the best possible experience of using the playing fields and grounds across the site.
- Assist with upkeep of all trees and hedges as well as clearing leaves, weeds and termites’ nests as required.
- To ensure building roofs, gutters, manholes and storm water drains are inspected and cleaned/unblocked regularly especially during rainy seasons.
- To assist with preparations for school functions and events as per the school calendar.
- To liaise with the Director of Sports and Head of P.E to ensure their requirements are met; recognise importance of school sports fixtures.
- To assist the school swimming pool attendant with general maintenance, cleaning and early opening of the swimming pool.
- Working with different types of machinery and equipment to prepare, maintain and mark out football, lacrosse, rugby, cricket and hockey pitches, as well as artificial surfaces.
- To supervise contractors conducting grounds-related work on school site.
- To assist with general site security matters as required and determined by the Estate Manager.
- In conjunction with the Estate Manager, to co-ordinate on-site car parking requirements during the school week and weekend events.
- Understand and ensure implementation of the Health & Safety policy, emergency and fire procedures.
- Carry out site safety inspections every morning to maintain the safety of children, visitors and staff.
- Report any faulty appliances or equipment and any potential hazard to the Estate Manager.
This job description is not a comprehensive statement of procedures and tasks but sets out the main duties and responsibilities of the job and the expectations of the School in relation to the post holder’s responsibilities and duties. However, the job or duties described may vary or be amended from time to time without changing the level of responsibility associated with the post.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The School will be expecting to appoint a candidate who will contribute to the life and work of the school in a positive and enthusiastic manner. He/she will demonstrate:
- Ability to work without supervision and prioritize workload according to weather conditions and school sports fixtures.
- Capacity to carry out a physically demanding job role in all weather conditions.
- Honest with good communication skills.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Previous experience working in a similar position for a school or similar organization.
- An understanding and experience of sports pitch maintenance, development, repair and marking.
Qualifications & requirements
- Certificate in Landscaping, Environment or equivalent qualification and/or;
- 3 years hands-on relevant experience.
How to apply
Please email your current CV as soon as possible to [email protected]; stating the post title as the email subject.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.