Senior ICT Officer Job, Latest ICT Vacancies,
Requirements for Appointment:
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:
- A Degree in any of the following fields, Computer Science/Information Communication Technology or in Electronics/Electrical Engineering from a recognised institution.
- A minimum period of five (5) years relevant work
- Proficiency in computer applications
- Supervisory course lasting not less than two (2) weeks
- Fulfilling the requirements of Chapter (6) Six of the Constitution
Duties and Responsibilities at this level will entail:
- Carrying out systems analysis, design and programme specifications in liaison with users
- Developing, implementing and maintaining of systems
- Ensuring adherence to established ICT standards
- Supervising and compiling overall systems documentation: and advising on ICT related issues
- Supervising installation certification, repairs and maintenance of ICT equipment and associated peripherals
- Developing and maintaining ICT standards
- Recommending and supervising Hardware /Software specifications for Information Communication Technology equipment
- Logging problems and bugs
- Drawing and scheduling preventive maintenance
- Assisting in feasibility studies as assigned.
- In addition, the officer will train officers working below him/her and any other duties which will be allocated to him or her by his/her superiors.