Operations General Manager Job, Latest Engineering Vacancies in Kenya,
Reporting to the Managing Director & CEO, the job holder is responsible for sustainable generation of electric power and availing the same to the off taker for powering economic activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leading in the development of power generation strategies and policies.
- Ensuring that power generation targets for all the generation units are achieved.
- Planning and execution of Hydro/Geothermal/Thermal/Wind resource utilization, plant and equipment maintenance.
- Ensuring optimum operation, repair and maintenance of power plants, mechanical equipment, workshops tools and equipment, and other assets.
- Offering technical leadership in construction, installation, and commissioning of power plants.
- Offering leadership in preparation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting on maintenance programs, projects implementation schedules, and equipment performance.
- Approving plant maintenance schedules, projects preparation and implementation, and energy generation schedules.
- Participating in Power Purchase agreements negotiations.
- Preparing briefs for the Executive management and strategic papers for consideration and approval by the Board of Directors
- Ensuring that the green energy footprint is sustained.
- Preparing, implementing, and monitoring departmental budgets.
- Ensuring timely procurement of parts and tools for power plant repairs and maintenance.
- Identifying emerging energy generation technologies and proposing suitable technologies for implementation by the business.
- Liaising with the off taker on grid stability and energy demands.
- Developing and implementing safety programs for staff, stakeholders, and security of assets within operation department
- Preparing, implementing, and monitoring departmental budget.
- Implementing procurement plans for the department.
- Ensuring compliance with Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems ( EMS), occupational health and safety, statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Coaching, mentoring, and developing staff using relevant human resource tools.
- A minimum of fifteen (15) years experience in a relevant field, five (5) years as senior manager in a large organization.
- Bachelor of Science Degree/Technology in: Mechanical/Mechatronics/Electrical/Civil Engineering from a recognized institution.
- Master’s degree in Engineering will be an added advantage.
- Registered Professional Engineer of good standing with Engineers Board of Kenya.
- Membership with Institution of Engineers of Kenya
- Demonstrated high performance and leadership in previous roles.
- Fulfil the requirements of chapter six of the Constitution
How To Apply
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.