Company Secretary & General Manager Legal Services Job, Current Legal Kenyan Jobs,
Reporting to the Managing Director & CEO, the job holder is responsible for providing Board Secretarial services, is the Legal Counsel to the company who provides legal advice and ensures legal compliance in KenGen’s operations. In addition, the job holder is responsible for provision of Insurance services and supports the business in adherence to Ethics and Integrity.
Duties and responsibilities
- Leading, overseeing and coordinating the delivery of effective Board Secretarial and legal services to the company.
- Providing advice to the Board and Management on compliance with corporate governance and the established corporate governance framework as prescribed in the law, Mwongozo, company policies and code of conduct.
- Convening and conducting Annual General Meetings (AGMs) in accordance with the law.
- Communicating and monitoring the implementation of the Board of Director’s resolutions.
- Coordinating preparation of policy papers and reports from various departments for consideration by the Board.
- Coordinating KenGen’s executive committee’s meetings and programs.
- Participating in the structuring, negotiating and execution of contracts.
- Participating in Power Purchase Agreements ( PPAs) negotiations and liaising with all external stakeholder including Ministry of Energy, Kenya Power, Energy and Petroleum Regulatory Authority (EPRA), developers and financiers on matters relating to PPAs.
- Guiding the Company and ensuring compliance with legal and regulatory matters.
- Providing shares registration services to shareholders and investors.
- Providing custody for KenGen’s company seal, legal documents, Board and Board committee minutes, maintain the statutory registers including the shares register and periodically file returns with the Registrar of Companies, Capital Markets Authority and Nairobi Stock Exchange (NSE).
- Managing litigation in all cases affecting the Company.
- Safeguarding KenGen assets and earnings through efficient and effective insurance policies.
- Implement policies and strategies to promote integrity and ethical practices in the Company’s operations.
- Preparing, implementing, and monitoring departmental budget.
- Implementing procurement plans for the department.
- Coaching, mentoring, and developing staff using relevant human resource tools.
- A minimum of fifteen (15) years experience in a relevant field, five (5) years as a senior manager in a large organization.
- Master’s Degree in Law, Business, and or a related field.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law from a recognized Institution.
- Postgraduate qualification in law the Kenya School of Law.
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya.
- Certified Public Secretary (K) qualification.
- Valid membership to the Institute of Certified Public Secretaries of Kenya (ICPSK)
- Member of the Law Society of Kenya (LSK)
- Demonstrated high performance and leadership in previous roles
- Fulfil the requirements of Chapter (6) of the Constitution
Method of Application
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.