Search For Jobs Offers in Kenya
Driver Job, Latest Kenyan Driving Job,
Reporting to: Project Administrator
This job exists to facilitate movement of goods, research materials, specimen, study participants or staff from one point to another as authorised to enhance research activities and smooth running of the study. This individual must be willing to reside in the study area, work long and after–hours including weekends where necessary.
• Communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure
• Interpersonal skills
• Problem solving
• Valid Driving License
• Certificate of Good Conduct from Criminal Investigation Department (CID)
• At least four (4) years of experience
Education and Professional training
• Valid and clean PSV driving License classes – A, B, C, and E
• Basic mechanical or equivalent certification will be an added advantage.
A minimum of Four (4) years in a busy institution
• Good communication skills
• Good organizational skills
• Honesty and reliability
• Basic Computer Skills
• To drive site vehicles carefully at all times and ensure safety of the passengers, other road users, and the assigned vehicle;
• To transport participants, staff, visitors and deliveries when required
• Shipment of study samples to respective laboratories
• To ensure high level of professionalism while handling clients
• To ensure cleanliness of site vehicles at all times
• To perform thorough vehicle inspection before use
• Perform minor maintenance of vehicles and reporting all defects
• Recording time and mileage logs at all times
• To indicate the vehicle fuel and service costs
• To ensure all vehicle reports are done and submitted as per scheduled date;
• Checking all statutory requirements of all vehicles
• Adherence to vehicle maintenance schedules
• Proper and prompt reporting of any accident or damage involving site vehicles
• To assist in other duties in the office as assigned by the immediate supervisor when not undertaking driving duties
Terms of employment
Employment is a one–year renewable contract with a probation period for the first 3 months.
Salary is negotiable within the appropriate grade depending on education, experience and demonstrated competency and will be guided by the KEMRI HR Career Guidelines manual.
How to Apply
a) All applicants must meet each selection criteria detailed in the minimum requirements.
b) Must include a current CV with the names of at least 2 referees.
c) Must include copies of academic and professional certificates.
d) Must include a copy of the certificate of good conduct.
A duly signed application letter indicating the vacancy reference with copies of the documents listed above should be sent to: [email protected]go.ke no later than 30th May 2022