Corporate Communications Officer Job, Communication Jobs April,
The Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI) is a State Corporation established in Kenya in 1979 through the Science and Technology (Repealed) Act, Cap 250 of the Laws of Kenya and as currently established and dully accredited to continue to operate as such under the Science Technology and Innovation Act, 2013 as the national body responsible for carrying out research in human health in Kenya. KEMRI’s vision is “to be a leading centre of excellence in human health research” and its mission is “to improve human health and quality of life through research, capacity building and service delivery”.
KEMRI seeks to recruit dynamic, innovative and experienced persons to fill the following positions:-
CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER, JOB GROUP KMR 6 – (1 POSITION)
This is the entry and training grade for graduate Officers in this cadre. An officer at this level will work under the guidance and supervision of a senior officer.
- Creating awareness to the public on the Institute’s activities, services and products that ensures continuous flow of information about events and activities for public participation and
- Conduct educational and official visits in the institute through orientation within the Institute’s laboratories to offer guidance on relevant areas of interest to ensure the clients satisfaction and maintain good
- Circulate official communication to all members of staff through the corporate email to enhance internal communication and coordinate institute
- Facilitate conferences, seminars and workshops through registration of participants and attending to visitors to ensure their needs are met and the events objectives are achieved.
- Prepare and maintain up to date research, corporate and financial publications, to ensure proper maintenance and safety for reference.
- Serve as a representative for the department in International Institutional for Standardization (ISO) matters by attending institutional meetings and ensuring implementation by colleagues for continuous improvement of professional
- Handle customer inquiries through phone calls, personal visits and emails to ensure customer satisfaction on service
- Organize corporate social responsibility activities by preparing the annual calendar of events and participation to ensure positive publicity and good reputation of the Institute.
For appointment to this grade, an officer must:
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following; Mass Communication, Journalism, Public Relations, International Relations, or any other equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution
- Membership to Professional body such as Public Relations Society of Kenya (PRSK), Media Council of Kenya (MCK) or Kenya Union of Journalists(KUJ); Marketing Society of Kenya (MSK) where
- Proficiency in computer applications; and
- Fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the constitution
Key Skills and Competencies
- Organizational skills
- Team building skills
- Negotiation skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills
How to Apply
Terms of Employment: A six (6) months contract, as per KEMRI Human Resource Policy and Procedures Manual with a probation period for the first three (3) months.
All the applications to be done through KEMRI Website www.kemri.org/careers
E-Recruitment Portal on or before 11th May 2021 latest 5.00 p.m.
KEMRI is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity; persons with disability, women, youth and those from marginalized areas are encouraged to apply. KEMRI does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process including application, interview and processing of offer letter. If asked for a fee, report such request immediately.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.