Standards Officer Job, Current Kenya Administration Jobs,
Reports to: Assistant Manager
Responsible for the development of Standards and other guiding deliverables (Publicly Available Specifications (PAS), Technical Reports (TR), Company standards, and National workshop agreements (NWA)) in sector-specific industry and trade processes for the purpose of facilitating local, regional, and international trade and promoting innovation in Kenyan Industries for the realization of KEBS vision of becoming global leader in
standard-based solutions that deliver quality and confidence while protecting the environment and entrenchment of a culture of quality. Articulates Kenya’s position in Standardization, Metrology and Conformity Assessment (SMCA) in regional and international fora to promote innovation, trade, and quality life.
Key Responsibilities / Duties / Tasks
Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- Coordinates the development of Regional Standards (East Africa Standards and ARSO Standards) and International Standards within a specific sector through involvement of stakeholders in Regional Technical Committees (TCs) for purposes of elimination of technical barriers to trade (TBTs);
- Coordinates establishment of National Technical Committees (TCs)/mirror committees for purposes of balanced stakeholders’ engagement in standards development to influence the direction of development of standards at national, regional and international levels;
- Coordinates the development and resolution of Kenya’s position to International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) Secretariats on draftmInternational Standards for the purpose of influencing technical contents of the published international Standards;
- Coordinates and is responsible for the development of Kenya Standards and other deliverables (Publicly Available Specifications (PAS), Technical Reports (TR), Company standards and National workshop agreements (NWA)) through involvement national Technical Committees (TCs) within a specific sector for purpose of facilitating trade, protection of health and safety of consumers and environment;
- Implements corporate risk management framework in the section and advises on emergent strategies to reduce the likelihood and impact on realization of organizational objectives in the section
- Conducts Standards publicity activities (through workshops, seminars) within various sectors for creation of awareness, training, increased uptake of published standards and integration of Standards in
- Implements, maintains, monitors & evaluates Management systems adopted by KEBS for the purpose of ensuring efficiency, effectiveness and sustained customer satisfaction;
- Undertakes research activities in the section with an aim to gathering relevant technical data on industry standardization needs for standards development;
- Develops proposed standards projects within the section and recommends for approval;
- Implements stakeholders’ feedback on the management of the standards development process and navigating challenges relating to requirements of standards specifications
- Coordinates the development of national position by relevant National Technical Committee
I. Financial Responsibility:
II. Responsibility for Physical Assets
- Responsible for computer assigned by the organization.
- Responsible for standards information documents
III. Decision Making: Makes operational decisions
IV. Working Conditions:
a) Works predominantly within the office.
b) Expected travels within and outside the country
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience, and Attributes / Skills).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, and mathematics (STEM), humanities, and social sciences.
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
Registration with relevant professional bodies:
a) Engineers Board of Kenya,
b) Chemical society of Kenya
c) Physics society of Kenya
d) Food Nutrition and Dietetics Board
e) Computer Society of Kenya
f) Kenya Institute of Management
g) National Quality Institute
Previous relevant work experience required.
Functional Skills, Behavioral Competencies/Attributes.
- Negotiation skills
- Project management skills
- Supervisory skills
- Information, communication, and technology skills
- Leadership skills
- Presentation skills
- Report writing
- Analytical skills
- Auditing Skills
- Counselling skills.
- Problem solving skills
- Time management skills
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
How To Apply
Application forms including testimonials shall be filled and submitted online via KEBS website on or before 10 September 2021. All testimonials MUST be saved with the applicant’s ID.N0. e.g.20441558_CV.pdf.
The Application should include attachments of;
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copies of Academic and Professional certificates
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Tax Compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission Clearance (EACC)
- Credit Reference Bureau clearance (CRB)
- Clearance certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB).
IMPORTANT NOTICE; Upon successful upload and submission of the application, the applicant will receive a system-generated email notification that the job application details have been successfully submitted.
Persons with disabilities and female candidates are encouraged to apply. Academic qualifications of external origin MUST be accompanied with a recognition certificate from a relevant body.
All degree applicants for engineering-related positions must be Registered as a Graduate Engineer where applicable.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Interested and qualified? Go to Kenya Bureau of Standards on www.kebs.org to apply