Platform Coordinator Job, latest Job Vacancies,
The platform is a network of member organizations that seeks to collaborate in order to achieve the objectives of the Platform. The vision of the platform is: An equitable and sustainable energy sector
The platform seeks to recruit a coordinator who shall;
The coordinator reports to the Steering Committee of KCSPOG: S/he will carry out the following responsibilities:
- Promote KCSPOG and facilitate entry into membership of the platform and increased diversity of organisations working on energy issues in Kenya
- Assist in developing KCSPOG calendar of events and coordinate implementation of annual work plans of KCSPOG in line with the approved strategic plan
- Take lead in monitoring of important KCSPOG parameters including compliance with calendar of events, targets and results
- Engage with a diverse group of actors including government, private sector, civil society and donors.
- Represent and champion KCSPOG position at relevant forums with various civil society coalitions, Government and private sector engagements
- Support the design of KCSPOG initiatives nationally, regionally and Internationally
- Establish communication systems to transmit information between the secretariat, and KCSPOG members.
- Facilitate networking among members, support land knowledge generation to foster lesson learning and information sharing, including the database and website
- Coordinate and facilitate member’s relationships to better establish priorities and form common platforms necessary to increasing the capacity of members to engage in, advocate for, build capacity on and research on oil and gas issues
- Facilitate the engagement of members in local, national, continental and global processes, of the energy dialogue
- Increase visibility of KCSPOG in the country/region and establish strategic alliances with other relevant organisations/ forums.
- Initiate and support KCSPOG fundraising initiatives and donors’ relationships, especially those supporting the node and its activities.
- Maintain a positive interface with the host organization and other stakeholders on all aspects of implementing KCSPOG work.
- Supervision of platform staff
- Be entirely responsible for the day-to-day management of the KCSPOG work.
- Co-ordinate and manage all resources (i.e., human, financial, material, and time) pertaining to the Platform.
- Do any other work incidental to the attainment of the Platform’s objectives and/or as directed by the Steering Committee or chairperson.
- Prepare and submit reports of KCSPOG activities to the steering committee
SKILLS AND COMPETENCE:
- Master’s degree or higher in Environmental Sciences, Natural Resources, Sociology, Energy, Economics, Law, and at least 8 years related experience or equivalent combination
- Knowledge and experience in oil and gas, Energy and Energy transition, climate change, extractives development or related matters and initiatives in the national, international and particularly African Context
- Experience in inter-institutional collaboration, at both government and non-government levels, in an international setting
- Experience in Civil Society Organizational capacity development, lobbying, advocacy, natural resources management is crucial;
- Management and supervisory experience, including ability to set and accomplish objectives and manage performance.
- Experience in Non-Profit Management, Resource mobilisation or equivalent and Communications Strategies• Highly developed conceptual, analytical and innovative problem-solving ability
- Demonstrated ability to handle complex process and information integration issues
- Capacity of assuming a leading role, in defining and implementing projects with teams of individuals of different culture and background
- Must be detail-oriented and have the ability to multi-task under limited supervision
- Proven interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people in a multi-cultural, multi-interest, multiethnic environment
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Self-motivated and ability to work effectively with a multi-local international team
- Negotiating skills
- Proven organizational and analytical skills
- Leadership in a national/ regional/ international context
- Strong analytical skills and ability to apply them in inter-disciplinary context
How to Apply
To apply kindly send CV and Cover letter to [email protected] with subject line “Coordinator Vacancy”. Kindly Indicate your salary expectation in the cover letter.
Deadline: Thursday 14th April 2022
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.