Head, Banking System Operations Job, Banking Jobs Kenya 2021,
The Head of Banking System Operations’ primarily role is to manage the operations and second level support for the entire application portfolio of the bank. The primary purpose is to manage the bank’s applications to ensure key operational KPI’s including availability, customer service levels, headline capacity, CES, NPS and RMS are met and exceeded, while achieving an optimal operational cost profile.
- Prioritizing, monitoring, and planning control activities related to the bank’s application portfolio in coordination with internal and external audit teams.
- Definition and execution of operational strategy and planning for the bank’s application portfolio, taking into consideration different tiers of criticality in terms of business and regulatory impact.
- Coordination of the development of required technical knowledge base and support documentation for operations, administrators, and support staff.
- Development of centers of excellence for Core Banking Systems and Channels.
- Development of a competent and effective 2nd level support team for all mission critical applications of the bank.
- Representing technology as a stakeholder in contract negotiation with application and service vendors, together with procurement and legal, safeguarding the bank’s justified interests.
- Establishment of a planning process for performance & capacity review of the bank’s application portfolio.
- Conducting and executing contingency planning for the bank’s mission critical applications, in consultation with the business and risk functions.
- Operationalization of BCM for the bank’s mission critical applications and the vulnerability remediation identified by GIS, internal or external auditors because of VAPT testing.
- Development of and adherence to Service Level Agreements with divisional directors from business, ancillary functions, and subsidiaries.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field from a recognized university.
- Professional qualifications in ITIL or PMP or PRINCE2.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience; 6 years of which should be in a senior management position within Technology.
- Experience in Banking Operations, IT Quality Assurance and Project Management.
- Sound understanding of financial industry and digital channels.
- Excellent Leadership and Coaching skills.
- Must have awareness of current business trends, risks, challenges and opportunities.
How to Apply
The above position is demanding; for which the Bank will provide a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please log in to our Recruitment portal and submit your application with a detailed CV.
To be considered your application must be received by Friday 3rd September 2021.
Qualified candidates with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
NB: In the event that you are invited to interview for any positions, we will require that you provide us with the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA Pin Card.
- Birth Certificate of self.
- Passport Photo (White Background).
- NSSF Card.
- NHIF Card.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.