Release Manager Job, Current IT Jobs 2022,
The role holder will be responsible for making new and changed services and features available for use by defining a standardized process for planning, building, and testing the release, scheduling the release, pushing the release, deploying the release, providing early life support and closure of releases.
- Define the standard process for planning, testing, scheduling, and deploying the releases.
- Own the responsibility of preparing a Release Plan. Coordinates with Change Management team, Build team and other key stakeholders regarding the same.
- Assign and track release activities with various teams.
- Packaging, controlling, and integrating the release components as per the dependencies identified.
- Coordinate the release schedule and resources required both internally and from third parties.
- Coordinate with the Build team to build the release and produce the build document, which will contain.
- Build, installation and test plans, procedures, and scripts.
- Monitoring and quality assurance of the release.
- Processes and procedures for distributing, deploying, and installing the release into the target environment.
- Release unit roll-back procedures.
- Change remediation steps in case of release failure.
- Ensure that all mandatory tests are conducted, and all tests are successful as per the success criteria before a release can be flagged off to production.
- Obtain the approvals for downtime-related information wherever necessary in advance and ensure that communications are send out to all stakeholders as per the release plan.
- Identify the risks that can delay the release and manage them, such that the scope scheduled, and quality of the release is not affected.
- Lead the Go-Live activities to deploy the releases successfully.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in IT/Engineering.
- Professional qualification in ITIL Foundation and Project Management.
- At least 5 years’ experience in release management in a large environment working multiple systems, with at least 4 years’ experience in application support, and at least 3 years supervisory experience and IT service processes management, and 2 years’ experience in project management.
How to Apply
The above position is demanding role for which the Bank will provide a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please log in to our Recruitment portal and submit your application with a detailed CV.
To be considered your application must be received by Friday 2nd December 2022.
Qualified candidates with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.