Safe Guarding Officer Job, Latest Jobs In Kenya,
Reporting to the Head of Finance and Administration the Safeguarding Officer will provide a high-quality, responsive service to project participants faced with welfare and safeguarding issues, in accordance with statutory responsibilities, and make referrals to appropriate agencies when required. The role holder will be the first point of contact to provide an advisory service for staff when dealing with safeguarding issues.
The role is a fixed term contract as per the project life cycle.
- Ensure compliance with the safeguarding policy and standard operating procedures (SOPs) for handling safeguarding cases and related issues within the Project.
- Coordinate KCBF-YAW processes and approaches to prevent and address safeguarding incidences.
- Provide safeguarding training and awareness to all Project staff, project participants, and the KCB Foundation Board.
- Maintain accurate, confidential, and up-to-date documentation on all cases of safeguarding and report where required.
- Respond appropriately to disclosures or concerns which relate to the safety and well-being of the project participants as per set guidelines.
- To provide information and advice on the well-being and protection of project participants within the project
- To be the first point of contact to receive information from anyone who has concerns relating to the welfare of project participants and to record and report appropriately.
- To clarify information received, ensuring that this is referred on promptly to the Safeguarding Committee to enable an assessment to be undertaken, and advice offered.
- Implement the safeguarding framework for project participants that includes Prevention (training, communication, beneficiary screening process, and risk evaluation); Support and Care (Coordinating resources to support and care for the project participants), and Response (strengthening and harmonizing current policies and procedures to be aligned to KCBF and MCF).
- Enforcing operationalization of youth protection guidelines across all Project implementing partners as contemplated in the sub-award agreements.
- Coordinate remedial interventions on all safeguarding allegations with relevant support systems (investigators, clinical experts, etc).
- Monitor implementation of mechanisms to support people living with disability (PLWDs) within the YAW Project and other KCBF projects; Enforce compliance to diversity and inclusion requirements for the Project.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Sociology, or any other related field, gained from a recognized institution.
- A recognized professional qualification in Child Protection, GBV, social work, youth work, and community work.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in Welfare and safeguarding, with at least, 4 years’ experience in Risk Management, Wellness, Health, and Safety and 3 years’ experience in Project Management.
- Relationship management skills.
- Knowledge of International Safeguarding Standards.
- Knowledge of Safeguarding Legislation.
- Data and Records Management.
- Attention to Detail.
- Computer Literacy.
How to Apply
The above position is demanding role for which the Bank will provide a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please log in to our Recruitment portal and submit your application with a detailed CV.
Deadline :2023-01-12 00:00:00
Qualified candidates with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.