Aviation Safety & Security Director Job, Director Job Vacancies in Kenya,
KCAA SCALE 3 – REF: ASSR/PC/01/21
Planning and controlling the operations of Aviation Safety, Security, Standards and Regulation in accordance with the law and policy guidelines governing such services.
Scope of work/duties / responsibilities
- Developing/reviewing policies, procedures, standards and strategies for Aviation Safety and Security Regulation Operations;
- Interpreting and implementing Aviation Safety Standards and Regulations;
- Ensuring continuous quality, performance and surveillance on Aviation Safety and Security Regulation services;
- Incorporating appropriate safety standards and sound economic principles;
- Advising the Director General on matters affecting aviation safety legislation and enforcement;
- Issuing Approvals, Authorizations, Certificates and Licences for air operators and personnel;
- Preparing budget estimates and advising management on manpower requirements;
- Initiating and facilitating manpower development programs for the directorate;
- Conducting continuous quality and performance surveillance on services provided;
- Preparing the Directorate’s annual work plans and accompanying budget;
- Monitoring and evaluating performance of the Directorate against set targets and standards
- Supervising, guiding, developing and managing the performance of staff in the directorate;
- Performing any other official duties as may be assigned by the Director General.
- Bachelors’ Degree in any of the following disciplines: Aeronautical Engineering, Civil Aviation Management, Air Transport Economics, Aviation Safety or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- An Airline Transport Pilot License (ATPL) with ratings of large commercial aircraft in Group 1 and at least 5,000 hours flying experience or an Air Traffic Controller’s
- License with 3 or more ratings, or Aircraft Maintenance Engineer’s License (AMEL) in any of the following categories:
- Category B1 (Category ‘A’ Airframes and Category ‘C’ Engines); or
- Category B2 (Category ‘X’ – Electrical, Instruments, Automatic Pilot and R-Radio);
- Masters’ degree in any of the following disciplines: Commerce, Economics, Business Administration, Aeronautical Engineering, Civil Aviation Management, Air Transport Economics, Aviation Safety, Statistics, Mathematics or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
- Certificate in Leadership Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
- Certificate in Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution will be added advantage;
- Membership to a relevant professional body and in good standing.
- A minimum of twelve (12) years’ work experience in the Aviation field, five (5) of which must be in a management role.
Knowledge and skills
- Good knowledge of ICAO Standards and Recommended Practices (SARPs).
- Proven experience in developing National Aviation Regulations and Procedures will be an added advantage.
- Good understanding of the mandate of KCAA and the role of Aviation Safety and
- Regulation Function in the realization of the same.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strategic and innovative thinking.
- Negotiation skills.
- Leadership Skills.
- Shown merit and ability in work performance and results;
- Fulfilled the provisions of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution.
- Proficiency in Computer Applications
How To Apply
Interested candidates are required to submit their application letters quoting the job reference no. on the envelope and application letter, attaching copies of certificates, testimonials, and a detailed CV with full contact details of three professional referees to the address below. The applications should be received no later than 31st March 2022.
Kenya Civil Aviation Authority,
Aviation House – JKIA,
P.O Box 30163 – 00100,
The Kenya Civil Aviation Authority is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates and persons with disabilities (PWDs) are encouraged to apply. Note, persons with disabilities are required to attach a copy of a valid NCPWD membership card.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.