Airworthiness Inspector Job, Airline Jobs In Kenya 2022,
AIRWORTHINESS INSPECTOR – KCAA SCALE 8
(REF: ASSR/AW/20/22) – (1 POST)
Scope of work / Duties / Responsibilities
This is the entry and training grade for Airworthiness Inspectors. On appointment, Airworthiness Inspectors shall be required to undertake the following training over a twelve (12) months period:
- KCAA Induction Course
- Government Safety Inspector Course (Airworthiness).
- Government Safety Inspector Course (Personnel Licensing)
- Safety Management System
- Surveillance of Service Providers
- Resolution of Safety Issues.
- On-Job-Training (OJT)
During the period of training, the Inspector will perform a variety of tasks associated with technical administration, certification and surveillance under guidance and supervision. The tasks to be undertaken will specifically be in the following areas:
- Ensuring that aviation organizations and engineers comply with regulatory requirements.
- Reporting any noted non-compliance and safety gaps to the supervisor.
- Assisting in investigations, preparation of surveillance reports and enforcement of regulations.
- Assisting in reviewing or evaluation of technical manuals and other documents associated with certification requirements of Maintenance organizations and air operators for accuracy and compliance with Civil Aviation Regulations and making appropriate recommendations to the immediate supervisor.
- Assisting in performing surveillance duties in conformance with the surveillance manual.
- Assisting in taking appropriate corrective action for safety gaps noted and making recommendations to the supervisor.
- Performing any other duties assigned by the immediate supervisor.
- A bachelor’s degree in aeronautical engineering or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution will be an added advantage.
- Have a Diploma in Aeronautical Engineering or an equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Possess Aircraft Maintenance Engineers Licenses (AMEL) in Category ‘A’ and ‘C’ – Turbine Engined Rotorcraft.
- Possess Aircraft Maintenance Engineers Licenses in Category ‘A’ and ‘C’ – Piston Engined Rotorcraft.
- Possession of Aircraft Maintenance Engineers Licenses in Category ‘X’ – Automatic Pilots – Rotorcraft will be an added advantage.
- Have at least three type courses or three type ratings in Category “A&C” Rotorcraft.
- Have a minimum of four (4) years’ experience in Aircraft maintenance in an Approved Maintenance Organization (AMO).
Knowledge and skills
- Be knowledgeable in and familiar with the problems of operating Transport aircraft.
- Proficiency in Computer applications
- Demonstrate high level of integrity
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good analytical skills.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are required to submit their application letters quoting the job reference number on the envelope & application letter and attaching copies of certificates, testimonials and a detailed CV with full contact details of three professional referees to the address below. The applications should be received not later than 19th July 2022.
Details of the job specifications can be obtained from the KCAA website athttp://www.kcaa.or.ke
The Kenya Civil Aviation Authority is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates and persons with disabilities (PWDs) are encouraged to apply. Note, persons with disabilities are required to attach a copy of valid NCPWD membership card.
The Director General
Kenya Civil Aviation Authority
Aviation House – JKIA
P.O. Box 30163 – 00100
Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.