Air Navigation Services Director Job, Latest Director Kenyan Vacancies,
KCAA SCALE 3 – REF: ANS/PC/01/22
To plan and control the operations of Air Navigation Services in accordance with international air navigation standards and on sound economic principles.
Scope of work/duties /responsibilities
- Facilitating and coordinating the provision of Air Navigation Services and search & Rescue activities;
- Generating revenue for sustainability and growth of Air Navigation Services in Kenya;
- Developing policies, procedures, standards and strategies for Air Navigation Services;
- Contributing to the development of Standards and Recommended Practices (SARPs) in Air Navigation, Regional and Global Air Navigation plans (AFI and GANP);
- Coordinating, developing, formulating and implementing the Kenya Airspace Master Plan, ANS Strategic plan and annual work Plans;
- Interpreting and coordinating implementation of air navigation regulations and safety standards;
- Ensuring the collection and analysis of safety and performance data in Air Navigation;
- Monitoring trends on the global Air navigation and safety standards;
- Researching on emerging issues and trends in Air Navigation Services;
- Advising the Government on Air Navigation Services in Kenya;
- Allocating work, supervising and guiding staff of the directorate;
- Undertaking capacity building and conducting performance reviews for ANS staff;
- Coordinating the implementation of Air Navigation Services Risk Register;
- Facilitating and coordinating implementation of ISO 9000 Series standards and safety management systems in the Directorate.
- Performing any other official duties as may be assigned by the Director General.
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Aviation, Engineering, Information Technology (IT) or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Aviation, Engineering, Physical Sciences, Social Sciences, Information Technology (IT), Survey, management or other relevant field from a recognized institution will be an added advantage.
- Professional/advanced qualification and certification in any of the following disciplines:
- Communication, Navigation and Surveillance (CNS) Systems or Air Traffic Management (ATM) or Aeronautical Information Management (AIM) from an ICAO recognized institution.
- Membership to relevant professional body and in good standing.
- Certificate in Leadership Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution will be an added advantage.
- Certificate in Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of twelve (12) years in the Aviation field, five (5) of which must be in a management role;
- Knowledge and skills
- Good knowledge of ICAO Standards and Recommended Practices (SARPs).
- Strong analytical skills.
- Good Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strategic and innovative thinking;
- Negotiation skills;
- Leadership skills;
- Shown merit and ability in work performance and results.
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution.
- Proficiency in Computer Applications
How To Apply
Interested candidates are required to submit their application letters quoting the job reference no. on the envelope and application letter, attaching copies of certificates, testimonials and a detailed CV with full contact details of three professional referees to the address below. The applications should be received no later than 31st March 2022.
Kenya Civil Aviation Authority,
Aviation House – JKIA,
P.O Box 30163 – 00100,
The Kenya Civil Aviation Authority is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates and persons with disabilities (PWDs) are encouraged to apply. Note, persons with disabilities are required to attach a copy of valid NCPWD membership card.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.