Legal Assistant Job, Latest Legal Jobs In Kenya,
The job holder will be responsible for assisting the Head of Legal Services to discharge the mandate of the legal department at the University.
- Drafting, review of contracts, MoUs, leases and other University Agreements.
- Research and preparation of legal opinions and legal reports on various legal issues as may be required.
- Preparation of draft policy papers and instruments which have legal implications for consideration by relevant authorities and organs of the University.
- Preparation of Quarterly Legal Brief on relevant topics for Legal Newsletter.
- Assisting the Head of Legal Services with management of litigation matters as may be directed.
- Support and promote compliance to the Universities Act, 2012, Commission for University Education Guidelines and other relevant statutes and regulations.
- Maintain an efficient record management system for the department including updating of various registers, filing and digital archiving.
- Timely preparation of correspondence as provided in Legal Department Charter.
- Attending meetings and providing secretariat services as may be directed from time to time.
- Must have a Bachelor of Law Degree from a recognized institution;
- Post Graduate Diploma in Law from Kenya School of Law;
- 2 years’ experience in a similar position;
- An Advocate of the High Court of Kenya with a valid Practicing Certificate;
- A registered member of the Law Society of Kenya in good standing
- Communication Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Critical Thinking
- Attention to Details
- Team Player
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should submit an application letter indicating current and desired salary, a detailed CV including three referees, academic and professional certificates, and a clear copy of your Kenya National ID and iTax certificate via email to [email protected] by 24th June 2022.
KCA UNIVERSITY STAFF ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The subject of your email should read: LEGAL ASSISTANT
Head of Human Resources,
P.0. Box 56808-00200,
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.