Lecturer In Public Management Job, Latest Teaching Job Vacancies in Kenya,
To facilitate quality learning through teaching, administration and academic advisory work and ensure an outstanding student learning experience.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Teach and facilitate learning at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels through lectures, seminars, workshops, tutorials and other learning situations as assigned by the COD from time to time.
- Participate in the development, administration and marking of exams, assignments and continuous assessments tests.
- Assist in the development of learning materials, preparing schemes of work and maintaining records to monitor student progress, achievement and attendance.
- Provide advice, guidance and feedback to students to support their academic progress and referring student to support services as appropriate.
- Contribute to the development, planning and implementation of high-quality curriculum.
- Participate in supervision and assisting of undergraduate and post graduate students in their research work.
- Carry out research and produce publications, as well as other research outputs, in line with personal objectives agreed in the Faculty Annual Assessment Review (FAAR)
- Participate in writing of research proposals and applying of research grants.
- Contribute and participate in departmental and faculty seminars aimed at sharing research outcomes and building interdisciplinary collaboration within and outside the department.
- Provide pastoral care to students through academic advising and counselling.
- Contribute to departmental, faculty and/or University wide working groups or committee as and when requested to do so.
- Undertake continuous professional development and participate in staff development and training activities to update and enhance skills.
- Maintain proper records of students’ examination, assignments and continuous assessments tests and ensure they are keyed in examination records management system in time.
- Attend departmental, Faculty and University–wide meetings with other staff members.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Masters Degree in Public Management
- PhD Degree in Public Management or a relevant field will be an added advantage
- At least 3 years’ teaching experience at University level
- Should have published at least 2 peer reviewed articles in distinguished academic journals
- Experience in curriculum development and reviews
- Candidates who have attained Academic Rank of a Senior Lecturer have an added advantage
OTHER SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent research skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Time management skills and attention to detail
How To Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should submit an application letter indicating current and desired salary, a detailed CV, academic certificates and three references via email to [email protected] by 10th September 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.