Assistant Manager Technical Services Job, Latest Media Jobs Kenya 2022,
RE: TED/01/05/2022: ASSISTANT MANAGER TECHNICAL SERVICES SS BE 2 ( 1 POSITION)
Reporting to the Manager Technical Services, the job holder will be responsible for directing the activities of a technical transmission division which includes but not limited to directing of projects, installations of equipment, monitoring of equipment performance and signal quality controls as well as monitoring of staff performance and welfare in the division.
Three (3) years renewable contract subject to a good performance.
- Planning, coordinating of technical transmission services activities and operations within the division
- Overseeing the implementation of technical transmission services policies, procedures, standards and work plans in the division
- Ensuring adequate contingency plans are in place to avert technical services failures
- Overseeing and evaluating the implementation of technical transmission projects
- Overseeing the deployment and maintenance of all types of broadcasting equipment in the division
- Approving technical specifications to be used in the procurement of required transmission facilities
- Submitting divisional monthly reports and quarterly reports based on the approved strategic plans
- Providing technical support to section heads within the division
- Assisting in handling administrative work, staff performance appraisals, disciplinary issues, financial controls and maintenance of technical stores in the division
- Supervising, mentoring and training of staff in the division.
- Bachelor’s degree in Telecommunication, Electrical & Electronics Engineering or its equivalent from a recognized institution
- Master’s degree will be an added advantage
- Must be a registered member of the Engineers Registration Board of Kenya / Kenya Engineering Technology Registration Board (KETRB) or any other recognized Engineering Body at the level of Professional Engineer / Graduate Engineer or Graduate Technician Engineer.
- A high level of computer proficiency
Minimum Experience and Competencies
- Minimum of seven (7) years of hands-on experience working in a broadcasting/media environment with at least four (4) years in a managerial role
- Must be conversant with maintenance of broadcast engineering systems/software
- Demonstrable ability to install, implement and maintain broadcast engineering systems/plants
- Ability to display business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation and leadership role.
- Familiarity with regulations dealing with broadcast services
- Good technical, analytical and communication skills
- High level of creativity and innovation.
Shortlisted applicants will be required to provide the following documents:-
- Certificate of good conduct.
- Clearance Certificate from High Education Loans Board.
- Tax Compliance from Kenya Revenue Authority.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria must submit a detailed updated CV; copies of relevant certificates/testimonials; application/cover letter demonstrating how they qualify for the relevant position and names/contact information for three (3) referees.
Applications addressed to the undersigned must be received on or before 31st May, 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
KENYA BROADCASTING CORPORATION
P.O. BOX 30456-00100
‘’KBC is an equal opportunity employer. Women, Persons with Disabilities and the Marginalized are encouraged to apply’’.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.