Principal Job, Current Teaching Jobs In Kenya,
The Karen Hospital Medical Training College is a private innovative medical training institution located along Karen-Langata Road, Nairobi-Kenya.
It is aimed at being a model faculty of excellence in the training and development of competent healthcare professionals within Kenya and beyond.
To support the training of competent healthcare professionals, we are seeking to recruit a highly motivated, visionary and result oriented candidate for the role of:
Principal – The Karen Hospital Medical Training College
Reporting to the Chief Operations Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for the strategic oversight of the Medical Training College while coordinating all faculty operations.
They will also be accountable for the formulation and implementation of the training curricula and will ensure effective utilization of resources.
- Oversee the operations and management of the medical college for its efficient and effective running;
- Develop philosophy and objectives of educational programs and identify the present needs related to the nurse training program and other training courses;
- Ensure compliance of organization’s policies and statutory requirements by the faculty members at all times;
- Oversee curriculum implementation as per the guidelines from the Nursing Council of Kenya, TVET-CDACC;
- Induct, supervise and evaluate the performance of all staff in accordance with the college policies and practices whilst providing counselling and assistance where needed;
- In liaison with the administration, participate in the development of the School’s budget and ensure its appropriate utilization;
- Participate in educational program for staff development in internal and external CMEs learning to keep abreast of current educational trends and practice;
- Achieve 20% of total output in class and clinical activities; and
- Initiate the application, interview and admission process of prospective students into the school.
Desired Experience and Qualifications
- A minimum of five (5) years of classroom and clinical teaching experience at an institution of higher learning;
- Licensed member with the Nursing Council of Kenya; and
- Possess an Undergraduate Degree in nursing or related field (Masters is an added advantage).
Desired Skills and Competencies
- Strong leadership, coaching and mentorship skills.
- Conversance with advanced computer skills as required in Training environment.
- A critical thinker and agile problem solver.
- Strong negotiating skills with the ability to influence decision making.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates may share their detailed resume to [email protected] on or before the 28th of October 2022.
Due to the large number of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.