Head of Corporate Communications & Marketing Job, Communication Jobs Kenya,
This position offers leadership in strategic marketing communications and operational delivery of activities for the organization. It defines and drives the brand to a range of stakeholders, tailoring messaging and developing marketing campaigns and activities. It is responsible for the development of KAM’s brand
Duties and Responsibilities
The specific duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:-
Communications Strategy, Vision and Leadership
- Lead the development of new communications strategies, plans and protocols to advance KAM’s brand identity; enhance the profile and reputation of the manufacturing sector; and increase the visibility of KAM priorities across key stakeholder audiences.
- Provide leadership, expertise and reporting in all areas of communications (internal and external) for, and in collaboration with, management, Board, Board Committees and all departments.
- Cultivate and enhance meaningful relationships with targeted, high-level external audiences, including the media and key influencers.
- Provide communications support to KAM’s government relations and advocacy efforts.
- Identify challenges and emerging issues faced by the organization. Work with the leadership team and staff to recognize internal and external communications opportunities and solutions and define and execute appropriate strategies to support them.
Communications and Marketing Strategy Development
- Oversee the development of all print and digital communications including organizational reports, annual reports, marketing collateral materials and electronic communications including the Association’s website and new media; manage relationships with partners and stakeholders.
- Serve as a spokesperson and lead point person on media interactions.
- Exercise judgment to prioritize media opportunities, and prepare talking points, speeches, presentations and other supporting material as needed.
- Actively engage, cultivate and manage press relationships to ensure coverage on KAM priorities, special events, and other projects.
- Oversee the day-to-day activities of the communications function including budgeting, planning and staff development.
- Develop communications products and services that facilitate member engagement, retention and recruitment.
- Introduce best practices and refine existing processes and procedures that expand the capacity of the Communications department to proactively meet the communications-related demands of KAM’s programs, Board and other departments.
- Maintain current and establish new measurement metrics and benchmarks for communications and external relations to improve visibility on progress and return of value to members.
- Manage a communications and marketing team to support the development and execution of the communications strategy.
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Mentor and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach on a consistent basis.
- Establish and monitor staff performance and development goals, assign accountabilities, set objectives, establish priorities, and conduct annual performance appraisals
Establish Strong and Sustained Stakeholder engagement strategy (ESG)
- Conduct consultations with stakeholders in accordance with relevant policies and guidelines and be responsible for reporting on such
- Report on and disseminate good practices and generated knowledge.
- Provide technical expertise on key issues related to environmental and social impact assessment and on sustainability risks
Planning and budgeting
- Responsible for the achievement of marketing, communications and public relations mission, goals and financial objectives. Ensure that evaluation systems are in place related to these goals and objectives and report progress to the CEO and Board.
- Develop short- and long-term plans and budgets for the marketing and communications team. Monitor progress, assure adherence, and evaluate performance.
- Keep informed of developments in the fields of marketing, communications and public relations, and use this information to help KAM operate with relevance, initiative and innovation.
- Lead projects as assigned from time to time by the CEO.
- Assist in fundraising strategies by ensuring brand information and other activities are as desired for fund raising.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the CEO.
Person Specification, Attributes and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in either Communications, Marketing or Public Relations is preferred, or a comparable degree from a recognized university.
- Minimum of 7 years (5 in senior management role) experience in Marketing, Communications or Public Relations with demonstrated success, preferably in the not-for-profit or in an association sector
- Demonstrated skill and comfort in proactively building and nurturing relationships with key stakeholders
- Extensive successful writing and editing experience
- Demonstrated experience and leadership in managing comprehensive strategic communication, media relations, and marketing programs
- Creative and thoughtful on use of new media technologies
- Extensive experience in planning, writing, editing, and production of newsletters, press releases, annual reports and other marketing documentation
- Experience in mentoring and coaching teams of communications specialists
- Articulate and persuasive communicator, written and oral
- Knowledge of newsroom operations and dynamics
- Knowledge of global, regional and local media landscape
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural setting
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong articulation and presentation skills
How to Apply:
Interested and qualifying candidates should complete the online application and submit their CV and Application letter only to [email protected] indicating the words “Head of Corporate Communication and Marketing” on the email subject line so as to reach us not later than April 13, 2022.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.