Senior Deputy Chief Health Administrative Officer Job, County Government Jobs Kenya 2021,
Pursuant to the Constitution of Kenya (2010) and the County Governments Act No. 17 of 2012, the County Government of Kakamega invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions.
Basic Salary: Kshs. 99,900 x 5,010 – 104,910 x 5,240 – 110,150 x 5,550 –115,650 x 5,780 – 121,430 x 6,070 – 127,500 x 6,370 – 133,870 p.m.
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
Duties and Responsibilities
The Chief Health Administrative Officers will be based at the County Headquarters and at the County General Hospital and will be responsible to the Director, Medical Services/Medical Superintendent for effective and efficient management of health administrative services.
- Provide administrative support services to health related projects;
- Prepare annual infrastructural development plan for the Department in liaison with other key stakeholders;
- Coordinate Government Health Programmes and Non–Governmental Organizations (NGOs) involved in the delivery of health care services or in health related services;
- Review, formulate and implement health and administrative policies, procedures and programmes;
- Supervise deploy, discipline, train and develop staff in the health administrative service;
- Manage the transport services in the Health Department or Hospital;
- Supervise maintenance of Health Facilities;
- Responsible for welfare of staff and patients;
- Coordinate revenue collection through NHIF and Cash collections;
- Coordinate maintenance of plants and equipment; and
- Prepare and timely submission of monthly, quarterly and annual departmental reports to the
- Medical Superintendent/Director.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must: –
- Have served in the grade of Senior Deputy Chief Health Administrative Officer, Job Group CPSB 05 (“P”) or in a comparable position for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- Have a Bachelors’ degree in any of the following Social Sciences: – Government, Anthropology, Sociology, Business Administration, Public Administration, Commerce, Economics, Law or recognized equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution;
- Have a Masters’ degree in any of the following fields; Health Management, Hospital Administration, Health Planning, Public Health, Health Economics, Business Administration or its equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution;
- Demonstrated outstanding professional competence and administrative ability in the management of health services in a large health institution;
- Possession of a Certificate of Senior Management Course not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution will be an added advantage.
- Be registered by the Kenya Association of Health Administrators (KAHA) and have a valid KAHA Registration number.
How to Apply
All applicants should click on the Job Offers Option on the County Website www.kakamega.go.ke, fill the Application Form and submit it ONLINE on or before 24th September, 2021 at 11.59 P.M. N/B: No hard copy or emailed applications to the Board’s official email i.e. [email protected] will be accepted.
Applicants are advised to provide accurate information when making applications, those who give false information regarding their credentials and qualifications will be automatically disqualified. PLEASE NOTE: Kakamega County Public Service Board (KCPSB) DOES NOT use Agents nor charge ANY FEE at any stage of the recruitment and selection process. Our official communication channels are; email address [email protected] and phone number 0713852573 ONLY.
S E C R E T A R Y / C E O , C P S B
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.