Medical Specialist Job, County Government Jobs Kenya 2021,
Pursuant to the Constitution of Kenya (2010) and the County Governments Act No. 17 of 2012, the County Government of Kakamega invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions;
POSITION: SENIOR ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF MEDICAL SERVICES/MEDICAL SPECIALIST I – ORTHOPEDIC SURGEON – JOB GROUP CPSB 04 (1 POST)
Basic Salary: Kshs. 99,900 x 5,010 – 104,910 x 5,240 – 110,150 x 5,550 -115,650 x 5,780 – 121,430 x
6,070 – 127,500 x 6,370 – 133,870p.m.
Duties and responsibilities at this level will involve: –
- Review patients and instruct in writing all the recommendations;
- Undertake “first-on-call” duties including clerking, investigating, and managing patients;
- Conduct weekly clinic and operation (theatre) days;
- Provide clinical services to patients and performing emergency surgeries;
- Respond to intern/Medical Officer calls, supervise, train and mentor medical officers (Interns), medical officers, registrars and other students;
- Provide leadership of the Orthopaedic department including chairing clinical review meetings, mortality audits, performance appraisal, quality improvements, maintenance of orthopaedic surgical standards, and capacity building;
- Carry out specialized orthopedic outreaches to the level four facilities and the community;
- Ensure data collection, analysis and use or application;
- Undertake and promote research and development in the orthopaedic space including uptake of new products and technologies in close collaboration with institutions of higher learning and development partners;
- Undertake medico-legal duties such as filling P3 Forms, court
- Prepare medical reports
For appointment to this grade an officer must have: –
- Be serving in Job Group CPSB 06 “N” and above with a cumulative continuous period of seven (7) years as a Medical Officer;
- A Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (M.B. B.) degree from a university recognized by Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council;
- A Master of Medicine in Orthopedic Surgery or Masters in General Surgery from a university recognized by Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council;
- Valid Registration Certificate by the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council;
- Valid practicing license from the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council; and
- Specialist recognition as an Orthopaedic surgeon by the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council.
How to Apply
- Suitably qualified serving officers should fill and submit two job applications forms KAKCPSB 2B from the County Websites; one form should be submitted directly to the Secretary/CEO, CPSB.
- The Second Copy should be presented to their respective supervisor who will attach a confidential “Head of Department Recommendation Form” available on the County Website and submit the application to the Chief Officer Medical Services for transmission to the Board.
- Each application should be accompanied by duly filled Performance Appraisal for the Financial Year 2020/2021, detailed curriculum vitae, copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, valid practicing licenses, testimonials and any other relevant supporting
- Applications should be submitted to:
COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O. BOX 458-50100
- Hand delivered applications can be submitted at the County Public Service Board’s Reception Office located at the Former Provincial Headquarters, Block ‘B’, 2nd Floor
- All applications should reach the above office on or before 24th September 2021,
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Kakamega County Public Service Board does not charge ANY FEE at any stage of the promotion exercise. Our official communication channels are email address [email protected] and phone number 0713852573 ONLY.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.