Medical Specialist Job, Current County Government Kenyan Job Vacancies,
Pursuant to the Constitution of Kenya (2010) and the County Governments Act No. 17 of 2012, the County Government of Kakamega invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions;
POSITION: SENIOR ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF MEDICAL SERVICES/MEDICAL SPECIALIST I – ANAESTHESIOLOGIST – JOB GROUP CPSB 04 (1 POST)
Basic Salary: Kshs 99,900 x 5,010 – 104,910 x 5,240 – 110,150 x 5,550 -115,650 x 5,780 – 121,430 x
6,070 – 127,500 x 6,370 – 133,870p.m.
Duties and responsibilities at this level will involve: –
- Offering specialized critical care to patients including clerking, investigating, and managing patients;
- Participate in multidisciplinary daily Intensive Care Unit ward rounds and anaesthetizing very sick patients/complicated medical cases in the theatre;
- Train, supervise and mentor registrars, medical officers, nurses, clinical officers and students;
- Carry out health education and promotion;
- Prepare medical reports for patients;
- Provide leadership of the Intensive Care Unit /Anaesthesia Department including chairing clinical review meetings, mortality audits, performance appraisals, quality improvement and maintenance of critical care standards;
- Provide advice to the hospital and County leadership on Critical care and anesthesia matters;
- Carry out critical care/anaesthesia mentorship to the level four facilities,
- Lead in undertaking and/or promoting research and development in anaesthesia and critical care space including uptake of new products and technologies in close collaboration with institutions of higher learning and development
For appointment to this grade a candidate must have:
- Be serving in Job Group CPSB 06 “N” and above with a cumulative continuous period of seven
- (7) years as a Medical Officer;
- A Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (M.B. B.) degree from a university recognized by Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council;
- A Masters of Medicine in Anesthesia from a university recognized by the Kenya Medical
- Practitioners and Dentists Council;
- Valid Registration Certificate by the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council
- Valid practicing license from the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council;
- Specialist recognition as an Anesthesiologist by the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board
How to Apply
- Suitably qualified serving officers should fill and submit two job applications forms KAKCPSB 2B from the County Websites; one form should be submitted directly to the Secretary/CEO, CPSB.
- The Second Copy should be presented to their respective supervisor who will attach a confidential “Head of Department Recommendation Form” available on the County Website and submit the application to the Chief Officer Medical Services for transmission to the Board.
- Each application should be accompanied by duly filled Performance Appraisal for the Financial Year 2020/2021, detailed curriculum vitae, copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, valid practicing licenses, testimonials and any other relevant supporting
- Applications should be submitted to:
COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O. BOX 458-50100
- Hand delivered applications can be submitted at the County Public Service Board’s Reception Office located at the Former Provincial Headquarters, Block ‘B’, 2nd Floor
- All applications should reach the above office on or before 24th September, 2021
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Kakamega County Public Service Board does not charge ANY FEE at any stage of the promotion exercise. Our official communication channels are email address [email protected] and phone number 0713852573 ONLY.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.