Junior Accountant Job, Latest Accounting Jobs In Kenya,
Junior Accountant- Fuel Station Vacancy: Kerugoya
Ital GLOBAL – We are a comprehensive Human Capital and Quality Management Consultancy firm dedicated to helping organizations just like yours with their HR and Quality Management requirements. We believe in creating productive and fruitful relationships with our clients by adding value to your business to ensure that you get the very best return on your Human Capital spend. Our Human Capital solutions, advice and guidance are uniquely designed and shaped around your exact requirements and objectives. They will fit with your culture and the business challenges that you currently face.
About the Client:
Our client is a growing fuel station based in Kerugoya that is seeking a Junior Accountant responsible for the accounting and administrative functions of service station operations to ensure compliance with guidelines in the delivery of service.
The role is accountable for timely and accurate reconciliation of inventory, stock management, creation of invoices, generation of payments, monthly close entries and reconciliations, as well as frequent interaction with customers, traders. The Junior Accountant is responsible for personnel management and steer the business and related activities towards its primary objectives of profit and a return on capital.
- In charge of accounting and administrative operations at the Forecourt , Eatery at the Fuel Station, Employee Management, Administration of documents and files, MPesa, PDQs, Cash reconciliations etc
- Supervise the Service team to ensure a motivated and high performing team in the delivery of quality and timely service to the customers for optimal efficiency. address complaints and resolve problems
- Plan, coordinated and control the daily operation of the cost centres
- Direct and manage the financial performance of the Station.
- Receipt, inspection and verification of delivered goods.
- Stock management
- Prepare daily, weekly, monthly cost center performance reports
- Receive, record and account for receipt payments to company made by cash or cheques, mpesa
- Collect and account for cash from the various collection points
- Maintain and reconcile the payment collections and banking on a daily basis
- Ensure that all employees have necessary statutory documents i.e. NHIF, NSSF and Pin numbers
- Preparation and reconciliations of end daily, weekly and month Performance Reports
- Follow up debt collection as per allocated accounts
- Office administrative duties
- Generate customer invoices and supporting documentation
- Settle all third party transactions per contractual terms
- Timely and accurately reconciling and closing inventory at month end
- Assists in developing solutions to financial and operational processes for inventory functions, policies and procedures
- Carries out ad hoc reports/assignments as needed
- Develops and maintains strong working relationships with internal and external counterparties
- Carry out any other duties assigned in the firm’s related activities.
- A certain level of travel expected between Thika, Nairobi and Kerugoya to run office operations.
- Diploma or Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or Related Course and CPA Part II or its equivalent
- MUST have at least 3 years’ experience preferably fuel experience.
- General knowledge and experience in overseeing Petrol Station Operations.
- Certificate of Good Conduct
- Advanced experience using MS Office Suite, particularly Excel
- Human Resource Experience is an added advantage
Competencies and Skills
- Strong Administrative skills highly desirable.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent Reporting and presentation skills;
- Excellent Customer service, communication and relationship skills
- Team player
- Numerical and analytical skills
- Should be highly motivated with a Positive attitude.
- Confident and capable of operating at all levels.
- Great at Multitasking
- Reliable Human Resource Skills
- Decision Making Skills
- Service oriented personality
- Time management
- Work under minimum supervision and able to work under pressure
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send their detailed CVs and cover letters quoting the job title (JUNIOR ACCOUNTANT- FUEL SERVICE STATION) as subject to reach us not later than 06th November 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the current pay and expected salary. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. . Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.