Search For Jobs Offers in Kenya
Legal Officer Job, Latest Legal Jobs Kenya,
We are looking to recruit a Legal Officer who will be responsible for assisting the Legal Department in ensuring legal compliance, continuous risk assessments of the Company operations and mitigation of potential risks identification.
• Preparing and reviewing legal documents including customer-facing contracts, leases, and licenses, preparing and monitoring the contracts and property schedules to ensure timely renewal
• Ensuring that the Company’s interests are protected at all times in contracting.
• Ensuring that the Company’s rights and interests including intellectual property are effectively protected and not infringed upon.
• Assist in undertaking a legal review of and assist in advising the Company upon important legal documents, agreements, policies, and procedures.
• Assist in the management of litigation involving the Company in liaison with external lawyers assigned and assist in ensuring that the Company is represented in court. Ensuring that all documentary and other evidence is well preserved and stored, all files are in place and well updated.
• Participation in Company record management through effective archiving.
• Preserving the legal integrity of the Company’s commercial operations.
• Assist in conducting legal training to the Company’s employees on the respective legal requirements for their roles in the Company and assist in acting as a resource on the interpretation of existing or proposed laws and regulations.
• Assist and participate in the Company secretarial tasks as assigned from time to time.
• Bachelor of Law Degree and an advocate of the High Court.
• A minimum of three (3) years post-admission experience in a busy law firm or Corporate Legal Office.
• Knowledge of contract drafting and litigation skills.
• High personal integrity.
Job Type: Full-Time
How To Apply